[Blacklake] Recipes?!

mizz kitti mizzkitti at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 07:47:32 PST 2009

Hey that was a yum fun time last night! Now people must post their
recipes... it is inevitable. (You cannot resist the jedi hand waving)
Here is my recipe for Mochi Cake.
Note: This recipe is adapted and halved from the original (
http://auntyyochana.blogspot.com/2008/08/sweet-mochiko-butter-cake.html). bc
I just use a small pie plate to make this instead of a baking sheet or
rectangular cake pan and I decided it turns out better with slightly less
liquid.

MOCHI CAKE
Ingredients:
1/4 c melted butter
1/2 c sugar
1 large egg
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 teasp. Vanilla extract
1/2 Box Mochiko Flour *or* 8 oz (about 1 cup) Glutinous Rice Flour
1/2 teasp. baking powder
a wee pinch salt

(1) Mix all the above ingredients together and pour into a 9" x 13" cake pan
and bake at 175C for one hour till top is golden brown.
(2) Cool over a wire rack and then slice and serve.

This recipe is easily adaptable. You could use different liquids like
regular milk, buttermilk, half juice/milk, etc. Various fillings can be
implanted such as Red Bean (adzuki beans), chocolate chips, fruity pebbles,
and other.. er.. Asian ingredients.

cheers

MK