[Bordermarch] Help Needed with Demos

LadyVal at aol.com LadyVal at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 22:07:40 PST 2003

Greetings Bordermarchers,

Two school groups are depending on us to assist them with their school
projects.

I have promised the Home-School Co-Op group in Beaumont that I would come to
talk to their classes on Monday, March 31.  They are planning on two one-hour
sessions-----------one from 9:30-10:30 am for Kindergartners through 3rd
graders, and the other from 10:30-11:30 for 6th through 8th graders.  They
told me whatever I wanted to do is fine. I was planning on bringing some
taped Renaissance music, some pewter feastware, a flail, a small rusty sword,
some blackwork embroidery, some calligraphy, and the video "Once Upon a
Weekend" about the SCA. I got the idea I was to talk to the students about
period life, etc.

A bigger need is for C.O.Wilson Junior High School in Nederland on Thursday
morning, March 27.  They really would like some fighters to do a demo during
their Medieval Feast from 8:30-10:30.  They have also been looking everywhere
for someone to sing.  I told them we had a lady with a beautiful voice who
sings and I would see if perhaps she could come.  ???Amberlea???

Could ANYONE be free to help with either of these demos?  Especially the
Thursday morning one?  I got the idea they wanted entertainment-type
activities for their Medieval feast. But the one on Monday the 31st is just
really a "lecture" I assume.

Then Baron Armand mentioned in populace meeting that St George's Church in
Port Arthur has asked us to take part in their Renaissance Festival again
this year [planned for May 3..  We usually take part in their parade, judge
their costumes, do both chivalric and rapier fighting demonstrations, provide
actors in costumes for their "St George and the Dragon" play.  Last year they
were very appreciative of the help we gave them and they have written us a
letter to help us apply for grants and gifts from communities and businesses
to help with the castle building fund.

Remember--------------we are a non-profit educational organization whose
purpose is to educate the public about the chivalry, combat, courtesy, and
way of living  in the Middle Ages and Renaissance period of time in history,
as well as having fun ourselves.

Please let me know if anyone could assist with these demos.

In Service to my Barony of Bordermarch, the Coastal Region, my Kingdom of
Ansteorra---------and The Dream

Valencia