[Bordermarch] Re: Fahrenheit 9/11 a rebuttal

kandace harris thetexladi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 6 06:36:38 PDT 2004

I am the one that started this and it has been a good debate ...alittle one sided (For George W.)but ..that's O.K....I totally support our Troops no matter where they are ...That is not in question....However ...I would like for you all realizes something that I can not over look....in all the talk and defending of George W.(and our troops) each and everyone of you'll have said >>>If you don't like it ..."Shut your mouth" or "keep your opinions to yourself"...Well, here is a new debate .....If we are fighting for freedom and the right to do what we want too....Where is my freedom of Speech..without being told to "Shut my Mouth".....read the E-mails....I do disagree with George W...and who he is and what he lets you think is he stands for ....In case you haven't heard,..If anybody says anything against the Bush encampment ...that is their pat answer  "Shut your Mouth"  ...we still have not heard about the Capture of Ben Laden and his band of terrorist...(They're safe in
 Saudi)....Human rights or woman's rights being taking care of over there??? ...and yes we maybe rebuilding a school ..but we blew it up....Yes I think those Leaders over there are Self-righteous Zealots who want to burn the world down....but in the same thought , I am reminded that in the U.S.,.. we have Children going hungry everyday ,..we have people Sleeping in Boxes and eating out of dumpers..we have dead beat Dad and mothers that never think of their children having to have a roof over the heads....we have our elderly that can not pay for Meds or have to buy can dog food just to survive on ,....We have a drug addition here that is unprecedented in any other Country...(our answer ,,,Build more Prisons and hide them away)...why are we not 'cleaning our own back yards" when we are willing to "mow" someone else's front yard ?....you want to support Americans ...the next time your at a restaurant eating a good meal and you see a homeless person on the street...why don't YOU go and
 invite them in and feed them...why don't YOU help them out with a place to sleep for the night?..Last time I looked they were American  just like you ...when you realize that 80% of us are one pay check away from just like them ...where is your passion...where is your out rage.....Oh yea...I'm suppose to "KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT" and my opinions to my self....Jan ..I would love to give you things to send over there for the kids ..but ..we have kids right here that do not have pencils and paper for school or books or ..how about shoes and cloths to wear.......and they haven't had a candy bar in a year...I want our troops home safe and sound just like everyone does ...Iraq is in trouble ,no doubt...but so are we ....How do you take out the splinter in your brothers eye... if you don't take the log out of your own....First..remove the log and you can see the splinter....just a thought this a.m.....K....

Jan Aarons <loveofhalesworth at yahoo.com> wrote: I just wanted to share a letter from a young man who is one of my oldest son's best friends. He is now in Iraq fighting for our freedom. Until 11 months ago he spent as much time in my home as he did his own since his mother had passed away some 8 years ago. He has become another one of my children. (I want you to hear a letter from a 20 year old young man, I keep wanting to call him a boy but he is no longer a boy he has grown up into quite a wonderful young man). I am sorry this man who made Fahrenheit 9/11 is bitter and twist the words of everyone but it simply isn't always the truth. He wants us to hear the complaints of our young men and women over there fighting but he never mentions the reason why each person is over there. I would never let my children see this film and would discourage anyone else from seeing it as well since I try my very best to teach my children not to judge anyone else unless you personally know ! them and
 you personally know that the facts are true and that means you have seen it actually happen or you actually heard that person say it. So on that note I plan on living by those words I don't know that what he is saying is true so I choose not to believe it and dismiss this film as fictional. You can cut a film and tape only what you want someone to hear. You can cut out and put in anything and change it around to say whatever you want it to say or not say. Remember that. Look each one of us no matter what we are doing is always gonna have complaints. I complain when I go to an event and it rains or it is to hot. That is one of the rights these young men and women are over there fighting for. Rights that we take for granted like complaining about anything, going to college, taking or not taking a job, living where we want, doing what we want, having hobbies like the SCA.  Do you realize we can do just about anything or not do anything a! t all as long as we don't break the law we are
 free to do just about anything or simply to not do anything at all. And that presents a big question, don't you like this way of life? I sure do. I don't want it to change at all. And I want to feel safe again in my country against some crazy person who thinks just because we don't believe the same as they do then they have to kill us. Well unless you want them to come over here and shot you dead then someone is going to have to protect us. And I am going to stand behind them 110%. Aren't you?President Bush is our president and I have never ever blindly followed anyone, I support him he has made the best decisions he can and he has never wavered on his decision. He stands behind his decision and we should stand behind him. I personally worry everyday about our young men who are sent oversea's. I worry I will never see them again, as this family has already suffered a loss. My brother-in-law was killed by enemy fire severa! l months ago. But I couldn't be more proud of him than
 anyone in this world because he stood up for what he believed in. He had something alot of us don't have he had the need to protect us from all evil at any cost including the loss of his own life. This country and our way of life is like our children, most of us would protect our children no matter what including giving our life to save our children well this is how most of our military feel. They believe in our way of life and  are willing to protect it even at the cost of their lives. You know most of our young men and women are not over there complaining they are over there trying to stay alive and protect their families and your family too. We all go on with our everyday lives and hardly give it a second thought except when we see the TV or some show like this. The President took a vacation while our young men are over sea's fighting well I would like to ask you have you taken a vacation since the fi! ghting has started? I have! And I have a child who is like my own over there
 fighting. He is fighting so I can take that vacation and my life can remain as normal as possible. This letter I got several weeks ago from my kido. And I also wanted to share that alot of the young men and women are not just over there fighting they are also helping rebuild and making friends. Bradley and 4 of his buddies have taken it on theirselves to befriend some of the children there and help them rebuild their school. My Bradley has befriended an 11 year old boy named Shylore and has made him his special project. Shylore is the same age as Bradley's little brother so it is like having his own little brother around. Bradley tells me that the children there are no different than most children here they all want to play games and ask a million questions. Just like his brother does to him.

Momma Jan,

        I wanted to say thank you for the care package we got it last week. I felt kind of funny opening the panty hose though. I tried to call dad after I talked to you yesterday but he wasn't home. Can you tell him I said hi and I will try and call again as soon as I can. I wanted to tell you that the talk we had about being scared helped me alot. I am only scared at night when we have to go out. You can't see anything and you never know where anyone is until they are shooting at you. You ask me a question yesterday and I didn't answer you and I thought I would think on it before I answered it. Remember you always told me to think before I answered because you can't take back your words. To answer your question I joined the Army and came over here to protect my little brother. After the bombing in New York I was afraid they might try and bomb other places and we are so close to Houston wha! t if they bomb there and miss and bomb my brothers school. I can't let that happen. My dad
 works in Houston what if they get him. Then I won't have any parents left at all.  I don't understand why they are trying to kill us, all I know is that I can't let it happen. I have to go now I promised to try and help finish rebuilding the school for my little friend Shylore. He wanted me to tell you thanks for the pencils and paper and school stuff you sent over for him. He said he really likes the pokemon stickers you sent. Tell everyone I love them, and can you tell my dad I miss him and give Randy a kiss for me, and tell him I know he doesn't like all that mushy stuff but I love him too. Tell Kory I said hi and I hope to be home before they have their baby and tell Troy boy I said hi and thanks for the candy bars he sent me. And mom thanks for always listening to me and telling me how proud you are of me, I love you. Wait I almost forgot, there is a guy here from Junct! ion City Arkansas and he doesn't have any family and he never gets any care packages like you send to me, so
 I have been sharing with him can you send some extra stuff for him too.

I love ya'll, PFC Bradley Hail
Aint it cool my name sounds so official.

We owe it to our troops to support them in there effort to keep us safe and in their efforts to eliminate terrorism.  We owe it to our troops to let them know we appreciate everything they are doing for us. We owe it to our troops to let them know that we will keep up the fight here while they are fighting there. We owe it to our troops to keep up a good face even if we don't believe in the war. Simply this if you don't believe in the war then believe in our troops. And keep your opinions to yourself.  And I thank god everyday for our troops and all the troops that has served before them. Just think of all of the Presidents who has called for war. We now praise them. We managed to serve and protect for over 200 years and look where our country is today because of each and every one of those soldiers who took up arms and said we are not going to stand for this. We are now free to do just about anything we want to do.

In Service, Love

"R. Bonner" <mythus at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

We owe it to our troops to go and see this film so we can take the necessary steps to get them home and stop this insanity.
Marsha,

I must say WTF here, this movie slams the US and every it stands for it is nothing more then the personal opinion of a sad man that upset because he did not get to play with the kids in the Hamtons. To say we owe it to our troops to see this movie is an insult to the people that serve in the armed forces. And FYI the complaints you are hearing form troops are taken out of context. If you really want to know what is going on over there change you channel and watch their regional news from there not CNN. I really wish I could write well so I could go off in a proper manner like the others. Kandace knows full well how I feel about this she has had the pleasure of hearing me go off verbally about the crap there left wing liberals are trying to get this country to sallow as fact.

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]--> <!--[endif]-->

On a side note don’t you think it odd for a man that opposes the NRA and is for strict gun control to go hunting o.O?????? is it me or dose this wana be president have a problem keeping on track. I am not going to vote for a man that has a policy of do as I say not as I do.

Troy Allen wrote:
one of the reasons the movie may have had some controversy about being shown is that there is a law( or so i have heard recently) that this close to an election if any video or television show about one candidate  is shown, an equal amount of airtime must be given to all of the candidates. that way, a rich candidate could not flood our television programs or theaters with one sided propaganda. all i am trying to say is that there would definitely not be any attempt to ban the movie, but more likely it had trouble being released due to election year laws. i do believe however that there is no truth whatsoever to it being banned because of  a slanderous script. it is well known that Mr. Moore doesn't agree with the republican party, and this film isn't the first slash in his attack of President Bush. Mr. Moore, if you recall, made an attack on president bush at the oscars live on national televis! ion immediately after his election. in  his acceptance speech at the oscars he made the
 statement that bush was a fictitious president elected in a false election. therefore, it would also make sense that this film isn't only about iraq, but just another cheap attempt to openly express his contempt for Bush.  what this says to me is that Michael Moore is doing nothing more than using Iraq as an excuse to slander bush out of re-election. whatever the circumstances about the war, this film, our president, or the upcoming election try to keep this in mind Mr. Moore, if you don't like how things are being done, do it yourself. this is a democracy anybody can run for president. if you think you can do better, then try.  i personally am completely unaffiliated in the political field. i go with the candidate that i think will get the job done the best. if it were up to me, senator McCain would have been the president not bush. but that isn't our current situation now is! it? we have the president that we elected by popular opinion. rightr now all we can do is hope for the
 safe return of our friends and family overseas( this one is for Brian! who's tour should be up at the end of this year!)and remember that they did volunteer, and wouldn't be there if they didn't want to go. so with that in mind, i leave this famous quote for Mr. Moore,"Know your role and shut your mouth!"