[Bordermarch] Fw: [SCA_Childrens_Officers] Known World Children's Fete at Pennsic

Jackie Leslie Jackie_Leslie at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 15:10:10 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Medb ingen Brain
To: SCA_Childrens_Officers at yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 4:12 PM
Subject: [SCA_Childrens_Officers] Known World Children's Fete at Pennsic

Greetings,

Please allow me to forward along the following request for Duchess Arielle.  This is a most worthy cause and one that I have enjoyed participating in for a few years now.

Thank you,

Medb ingen Brain

Dean of Children's Activities

Atlantia

Volunteers needed for the Seventh Annual Known World Children's Fete at Pennsic XXXIII

Greetings from the Coordinators of this year's Children's Fete at Pennsic, Duchess Arielle the Golden

   Good gentles, we are looking for volunteers for the Seventh Annual Known World Children's Fete to take place at Pennsic this year. Each year the party is a rousing success and provides the Society's younger members a fun filled afternoon at Pennsic War. However the party cannot take place without the generous volunteers who give of their time each year.

   We are looking for performers, folks interested in sponsoring an art, craft, game or other activity of their choice as well as general volunteers. Some of the activities we have had in the past include mask making, foam sword play, face painting, finger loop braiding, banner making, hunkerhausen, period board games, palio races, illumination, period dancing, nerf archery and needlepoint, just to name a few. We have also had jugglers, puppet shows and story tellers to entertain the children. General volunteers help in such areas as signing in children, manning activities that need additional people and ensuring that other volunteers are staying adequately watered, etc. We also need help setting up for the party and breaking down as well as needing a group of gentles to provide refreshments for the children.

   The party will take place between 1pm and 4pm on Wednesday August 18th in the barn. Remember that you are not committed to staying the whole time if you volunteer. Any aid that you are willing to give will be greatly appreciated. If you would like to help, please contact Duchess Arielle: Phone: (704) 364-2224 (no later than 9 pm) or Email: duchessa77 at bellsouth.net

   Please consider donating some time to this worthwhile cause.

In service to the Society and its children,

Arielle

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor