[Bordermarch] Re: [Ravensfort] Name for event

Karen Picou kladd at houston.rr.com
Tue Oct 12 17:42:08 PDT 2004

Well the way I remember it (this was done when I was a child) early Friday
night or Saturday morning all the kids made favors for the fighters and all
the fighter lined up as the kids picked them out (usually more than one
favor was made for fighters) and gave the favor to the fighters and they
fought in honor of the child that chose them for the day. And the fighter
that one if they got an award the child went to court with them and helped
them get the award. most of the time it was either a simple bead line or
painted fabric. But it really made us as kids feel like we were part of the
fighting and part of the court aspects of it all.
Karen