[Bordermarch] Re: [Ravensfort] Name for event

kandace harris thetexladi at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 12 20:03:25 PDT 2004

THis sounds like a great idea ...with the to Baronies involed , we could do that .
 One question ...how did you kids pick the Warrior to give them to ?

Karen Picou <kladd at houston.rr.com> wrote:

Well the way I remember it (this was done when I was a child) early Friday night or Saturday morning all the kids made favors for the fighters and all the fighter lined up as the kids picked them out (usually more than one favor was made for fighters) and gave the favor to the fighters and they fought in honor of the child that chose them for the day. And the fighter that one if they got an award the child went to court with them and helped them get the award… most of the time it was either a simple bead line or painted fabric… But it really made us as kids feel like we were part of the fighting and part of the court aspects of it all…

Karen