[Bordermarch] (no subject)

Cindi Picou cdpicou at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 21 18:41:51 PDT 2004

Greetings to the populace of Barony Bordermarch & friends,

Mistress Tessa has just informed me that the church gym where we hold weekly fighter practice will again be unavailable to us this Thursday. We will move fighter practice to Roger's Park again this week.

For those who aren't familiar with it, Roger's Park is located on the corner of Gladys St and Dowlen Rd in Beaumont, across the street from Marshall Middle School. Enter the park from Gladys St, and we will practice by or on the tennis courts. Anyone not fighting, bring chairs to sit in so we can be near the fighters!

Next Thursday, September 30, Lady Alexandria Penrose (aka "King Killer") will hold a brief "introduction to the SCA" at Lamar University at 5:00 pm. Anyone (especially rapier fighters) who could attend her lecture and help her demonstrate Rapier combat afterwards is invited to attend.  We are in communication about going ahead and holding regular fighter practice ther afterward; I will post later when that is confirmed. Nevertheless, ANYONE who would be available at 5:00 to attend in garb to help promote the SCA to the students at Lamar, please be in attendance. The 'demo' will be held in the field between McDonald Gym and the Setzer Center. Entrance to the parking lot is from University Boulevard.

In Service,

Selina of the Wood
Seneschal
Barony Bordermarch

Selina Designs
http://www.geocities.com/cdpicou@sbcglobal.net/

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world
Albert Einstein