[Bordermarch] Gulfwar XIV

HE Armand De Lacy baron at bordermarch.org
Mon Mar 21 22:23:05 PST 2005

My dear friends....

The journey to war was full of hope and anticipation. We arrived safe and set camp within a few hours. The banner of Bordermarch was first to set up and last to take down. Monday and Tuesday are set aside to set camp and get comfortable within new lands. Wednesday was the 'official' war point system. It was hard fighting on both the Chivalric and Rapier fields. Ansteorra had lost all the battle points until Friday, we came back with a vengence. The rapier champions battle gave us hope. We then were in the chivalric open field, we took it. Our good King Ulsted and our General, Duke Patrick Michael led our forces to victory.
On the rapier open field, Her Majesty, Cateau's army led by Don Robert took the victory. A new war banner for the rapier was given unto the central region, aka Dallas area, led by Her Grace, Conal. There was the castle battle for the chivalric armies. Ansteorra defended first. While our great General, Duke Patrick Michael marshalled... he asked our Sir Simonn to lead the Ansteorran army in protecting the Kings Keep... we indeed did. Our allies, the Kingdom of Calentir and the Principality of Glenn Ahbann fought bravely at our side.

Our arts and science champion for Bordermarch, HL Dyan of Rosenfeld, also is the Ansteorran Arts and Science Champion.... she made a perfect score at the War!

There is also a ' Rose Tourney ' held at war, hosted by the Ladies of the Rose, Ansteorra.
Her Majesty Cateau and Her Grace Julia did a fantastic job in showing the Known Worlde that courtesy and honor are first in Ansteorra. This is a tournament that all current and past Queens attend... they are represented by 2 rapier fighters each. This tournament means a great deal to the rapier fighters from all over the world. Countess Tessa was there.. her fighter was Ld. Calvin, whom is Ldy Helene's brother. Of the honored fighters... 96-98 entered!
During this... a new Don was created, Don Alessandro now wears a white scarf.
The Radiant Ladies of the Rose, stood togather for a picture. Lilly the poet of Bordermarch did get a picture. The ladies are from all corners of the worlde.

There is a Kingdom banner given unto the unit who fights well and represented themselves well upon the field. Last year, Ansteorra presented this unto the Kingdom of Calentir.... this year, the warriors of the coast laid claim to her. Centurian Almaric led us to this honor.

Of the warriors attending from these lands were....
Sir Simonn                                          Ld. Sterling, cadet to Don Simonn
Sir Badon                                            Baron Armand, cadet to Don Simonn
Dona Leah
Ld. Malcolm, squire to Sir Godwin
Ld. Calvin

those whom did much to support and encourage... to feed us and also to give untold service...
Coutess Tessa
Ldy. Padraigan.. Ld. Sterling's fiance
Baroness Caitrin
Ldy. Gabriella
Lilly the poet

Many, Many thanks to Santiago and Elizabeth for the use of their war wagon. Lady Theresa gave us a great war horse to haul it with!!!!

Bordermarch, know this... your presence was indeed made at Gulf war XIV. Ansteorra did fight bravely and honorably. Many of us fought on both rapier and chivalric fields.
I know many of us have fond memories of this war, hope to see you in the next one.

Vivat Ansteorra!
Armand