[Bordermarch] swarms of mosquitos at site of Melees

Tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Sun Nov 5 16:48:08 PST 2006

G'Evening!  We are home now unloading from Rosenfeld's Three Kings -Charlamania- a fan-tas!-tic event.  Very like a mini-Gulf Wars with points earned.  Great organized segments with lots of individual delegates.
Had a blast.

Simonn and I stopped in at the BorderKeep on the way home down Hwy 69 to pick up something from storage in our cargo trailer parked inside the walls.
The MOSQUITOES at dusk were horrid!
SwarMS of them! Little aerodynamic buggers were all over the site.

I do not know whether Tyler county ever "sprays" like our city does to kill mosquitoes and deter mosquito larvae from hatching.
I strongly urge Melees attendees two weeks hence to bring personal deep-woods bug repellant spray
and or citronella candles/torch fuel and or
some heavy duty yard guard sprays.
Maybe bring a mosquito netting for over your sleeping area.
Please feel free to cross post this to others lists read by Melees attendees.