[Bordermarch] Work Pary Idea

Tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Sat Nov 25 20:04:43 PST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tommie Stovall-Prentiss" <katitcha at hotmail.com>
To: <bordermarch at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2006 3:32 PM
Subject: [Bordermarch] Work Pary Idea

> Greetings,
>
>  I was wondering if anyone has comprised a list of Barony members and
> families who need work done from storm damage.

Yes.  As a matter of fact, that was accomplished.  Immediately following Hur
Rita, as populace families returned to the lands from which we were ordered
to evacuate, we each looked about us and went to the ones with the most
serious damage first. Many pitched in for teamwork with elbow grease and
sandwich meals at one's property or another until trees were removed, door
ways were dug out, porches were shored up, holes were stuffed or covered,
roofs were sturdied up at least a bit, animals were traded around,
generators were shared, carpets were pulled to the curb, laundry was tended,
sleeping spaces were provided, gasoline was shared, refrigerators were seen
to, and drying out processes began, with the added adventuh of combatting
mold and mildew.  Some major gutting was done.  Some major moving was done.
Some major relocations were done.
For weeks and weeks upon weeks the barony lived this way.  Through that, the
barony's Cooking Guild's November 2005 Rose Tourney feast (lost in the
freezer) was reconstructed with aid, and the November Autumn Melees of 2005
were carried out rather than cancelled, including populace members helping
the Jones Campgound landlord to clear his park of debris and sharing space
with FEMA.
If a person was able to live at home after minor clean-up or repairs, they
also freely gave of their own resources and time to help the ones who could
not.

The recent work day you mentioned was rather a surprise for Their
Excellencies and as much so for some of the individuals who happened to drop
over and find a large crew ready so they stayed to help.  It was a day of
energy concentration to lend hands to TE's to get over a major construction
hump.
They have given much, much, much to the populace of their time, talents,
resources, and inspiration; and the very least any of us could do for them
is assist in some repairs.
Volunteers rolled up sleeves and brought tools to do the jobs they could,
giving up as much time as possible, out of love for our Baron and Baroness.
The devotion of liegepersons is a strong motivator.