[Bordermarch] fwd:Update

Richard and Debra armand_caitrin at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 22 12:16:56 PDT 2006

Heilsa, good and true friends and neighbors!

  I don't know how many people are aware of this, but last weekend we held a roof repair party over at Armand and Caitrin's house.  They have had problems with a leaking roof since Rita tore through, but were so wrapped up in helping the Barony and with work they had been unable to complete all of the repairs.  We heard that they were still chasing buckets every time it rained, so we decided to do something about it (and tried to surprise Armand with Caitrin's help).  So many people showed up to help and I would like to thank them all.

  HE Sir Simonn and HE Tessa were gracious and worked very hard on the roof as well as clearing the sidewalk.  HE Tessa help Caitrin get food started for the hungry masses and then discovered that the sidewalks were a lot wider than they appeared.  It is amazing how much of a difference it made in the "curb appeal" of the house.

  El Miguel Castile came up from either Seawinds or Bjornsborg to help us out.  He was standing in for Ly Muirin and acting on behalf of our departed brother, Lawrence the Rampant.  He toted large bundles of roofing shingles from the back yard to the front and up the ladder all day long.  He did Muirin and Lawrence proud!

  Scott and Deana spent all day with us as well ... let me tell you, Deana is something with a machete in her hands, and Scott makes one heckova water bearer!  Ly Ophelia's father, Ed, came in from Houston and helped clear land and large tree limbs (as well as act as Consultant).  I tried to get pictures of everyone, but I know that I missed a few.

  For those of you who are interested, here is a link to those pictures that I was able to take.  http://www.flickr.com/photos/barefootboxes/

  Hope to see some of you a Legacy of Lions this weekend!

  YIS,
  Ly Katrina Alyse Argo
  (a.k.a Momma Cammie