[Bordermarch] Gulf Wars

LadyVal at aol.com LadyVal at aol.com
Wed Dec 12 21:23:54 PST 2007

Hello Angel,

I attended Gulf Wars for several years, including the very  first year
(1992).  Some years it was terribly hot and many fighters  sufferred from heat
exhaustion, and some years it rained cats and dogs and  everyone who camped was
wet, muddy, and cold.   I had a wonderful time  every year I went, but I got a
motel room.  One year I got teased for  taking the easy way out and staying in a
motel, but that year more than  15 Bordermarchers came to my room to rest,
cool off, and take showers  durimg the day, including the Baron and Baroness,
Dafydd and Dena.  No one  teased me any more.    In my opinnion, if someone else
came with  you to help care for the baby or let him stay in the room during
the day to take  a nap, it would be much easier for you.  If the weather is
perfect, and  someone else is with you in the tent, it might be wonderful to let
the baby nap  in the tent during the day, but if the weather is terribly hot,
or terribly  rainy and muddy, things could be pretty bad with a year-old baby.
   There is so much to see and do at Gulf War !!!  There has always been LOTS
 of merchants and so many people to see and watch and visit----fighting to
watch,  court to see, and classes to take part in.   Depend on who else  goes
with you, it could be a wonderrful experience, and the little one can tell
stories about how he went to The War when he was barely a year old.

Valencia