[Bordermarch] Invitation

LadyVal at aol.com LadyVal at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 23:55:08 PST 2007

Online  Invitation ---  Everyone listed in the Bordermarch Parchment Pages
will  receive a paper invitation mailed to your mailing address.
The
Barony
Bordermarch
Wishes to invite you to our  Annual Twelfth Night Celebration for a day and
evening of feasting and  revelry.  It will be held on Saturday, January 5,
2008,  at St. Andrews Presbyterian Church Hall at 1350 North 23rd  Street in
Beaumont.

Join with your friends and  family for this wonderful  relaxing  event.  The
Hall opens at 10:00 a.m.  and we must be out by midnight.  There will be
childrem's activities,  rapier fighting, and chivalric fighting during the day, and
in the evening, a  "Bells and Pillows" Contest will be held after feast and
court, and everyone can  participate.   A traditional  Twelfth Night King's
Cake will be served about 4  p.m.,  and some lucky person will be crowned King or
Queen of Yule Mis-Rule.  We will share feast about 5:00  p.m.  before evening
activities.

We will need to ask for a  donation per person to cover the cost of the Hall,
and every family is asked to  bring a dish to serve at least 6-8 others.
This can be a, vegetable dish, salad, soup, or dessert.  Remember to bring your
feast gear,  tableware, and beverage.

If you would like to  participate in the gift exchange, please bring a
wrapped gift.  There will also be a children's gift  exchange for ages under 12. A
small gift is also planned for everyone.

For more information, you may  contact Lady Angelica  de Granada  (Angel
Barron) at (409) 745-4726 or (409) 651-0476.  You may also contact her at
billiotkws at hotmail.com.

 Remember--------this is a one-day event  and the grounds must be cleared by
midnight.
The following are rules that  cover this site:
1.   The site is  dry.
2.   Smoking is permitted outside  the building only.  There will be a bucket
close to the  outside door for butts to be left outside.  No butts or trash
is to be left on the grounds at  all.

Remember that Twelfth Night has  always been an evening of music, dancing,
and revelry.  Be prepared to entertain our  King  and Queen of Yule with songs
and dancing.

A mask contest will be held for  adults and children, and children can
decorate a mask for the contest during  children's activities beginning around 1:00
p.m.  Adults can bring their masks for the  adult contest.  Have an animal
theme  in mind for the masks.  Also, please prepare a tree ornament with your
personal device or household badgeto decorate our Yule tree to add to the
"period" Yuletide.

Directions to the site from  West:  Take Interstate 10 to Highway  69 (toward
Lufkin).  Take the  Delaware Street exit and turn left under the freeway.
Immediately turn left onto the access  road.  The first light is  Gladys.  Turn
right onto Gladys and  go approximately 3 blocks.  You will  see the church on
the right on the corner of Gladys and 23rd  Street.

Directions to the site from the  East: Take Interstate 10 West to the Gladys
exit, take that, and go onto the  access road and continue through the stop
light on Longfellow St. then go down  about 3 blocks. You will see the church on
your right on the corner of Gladys  and 23rd  Street.

Directions  to the site from the North:  Take  Highway 69 South to the
Delaware exit.  Take the exit and travel down the access road and turn right onto
Gladys  (the second traffic light).  Go  approximately 3 blocks and you will see
the church on the right on the corner of  Gladys and 23rd  Street.