[Bordermarch] Autumn Melee _ In the Beginning of an Adventure

ida duplechin ms_duplechin at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 19 16:23:35 PST 2007

In the Beginning, <please allow me to use whatever name I remember> a wonderful lady named Dena(sp?) wove a tale of a magical place- a mystical creation: the Barony of Bordermarch. The inhabitants enjoyed life and played in this creation with delight, vigor and developed a family/village which extended back into the "regular" world. The enchantment of it all pervaded every word and I began to believe that it could be possible.  She extended the initial invitation to attend a Gathering and meet the natives. Setting aside my doubts, I accepted and agreed. Within moments of arriving and landing in the middle of what seemed to be a family reunion atmosphere, I relaxed and decided to participate in the experience.  How could I have known what changes this one decision would bring to my life? That butterfly flapped its wings and the winds of change swooshed and collided pulling me into the realm of The Barony of Bordermarch.
  Attending a Populace meeting was the next flap of that tiny butterfly's wings. My Dog and I were welcomed and given a seat at the table. Announcements of an EVENT were made and discussed. It seemed to be interesting but a bit too complicated for me to consider.
  Once I asked a question about Melee, the butterfly did more than flap its wings. An incredible amount of energy was released and people stepped forward to offer assistance. If I leave anyone out, please forgive me. The list of those who reached out with open arms and hugs(quite unnerving at first) includes Simon and Tessa, Santiago and Elizabeth, Diego(a man of many talents/capabilities), Lord Phocus(another multi-talented multi-tasker), Dena aka Paddy****, Scott, Libby, Lily(now Lady Lily), Carol, Josh, Josh, Josh, Robin, Vinny, Greg and Sonya w/Dakota, Chaz, Blaz and my wonderful helper who pulled out the wet rugs(tall, sweet young man), and so many more that my brain can't remember the names. There were so many helpful people; I  truly like to thank the ladies who held the Dog's leash while I showered. Dog appreciates it, too. She isn't fond of showers. Big Dog appreciates the running and playing. She especially loved the children who offered unconditional love to her.
  I do apologize to everyone at the party when Dog forced me to go back to my tent, go to bed and then slept across my legs so I couldn't sneak out. That was almost too much training showing up.
  The butterfly flapped its wings and the Adventure moves on. The 4 seasons of weather in those few days certainly added to the creation of a village's cycle of life and I sing the praises of those who worked to ensure the health and welfare of everyone with the mundane tasks of hot water, flushing toilets, clean restrooms. This is a First Class Organization with people who play well with others and keep their feet firmly planted on the ground to maintain the experience for everyone.
  Again, thank you to everyone.Ida of Golden Palms w/Dog and Big Dog