[Bordermarch] Girl's Haven Gumbo Cook-off Demo

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 05:06:58 PST 2007

Greetings,

Thank you Lady Ophelia Larue for the wonderful
chronical of the demo, but you forgot to include your
own participation at the event. You arrived promptly
and set up the beautiful table you had decorated with
designs woodburned into the top. The love of your life
Lord Vincois brought his arming chair with his dragon
motif burned into it. Many eyes enjoyed the artistry
displayed by the two of you. Thank you for conversing
with inquisitive minds that happened upon our group
and wanted to know more. All of our Bordermarchers
present at the demo exchanged info with the
uninitiated when they asked questions. It was a group
effort and turned out to be a very enjoyable demo.
I recall standing with a viewer as two of our fighters
were going at each other with vigor. Everytime a shot
connected he would ask "What do you call that?" I
would explain to him the tecnique that was used to
accomplish the move and the expected result. I had to
laugh when one of our fighters took a hard shot to the
nether regions and bent over doubled up. The spectator
then excitedly asked "What do you call that!?" I said
"I call that a shot to the cup and a fighter thats
balled up like a cut-worm because he's in a heap of
pain."

HE Santiago