[Bordermarch] Armory 11-15-07

Lathrop, Dave Dave.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Oct 16 05:30:54 PDT 2007

Unto Barony Bordermarch

Greetings,

Once again the Armory was full of potential warriors that will represent
Bordermarch and Kingdom Ansteorra on the field of battle in the near
future.

M'Lord Jeff continues with his 10,000 piece Japanese suit of armor. He
has been diligent with its production and is getting close to
completion. He will be an awesome and frightening sight when he enters
any list or war. M'Lord Keith completed riveting together his body armor
composed of finely crafted leather and lacing. He has recently purchase
a new long bow in hopes of using it in competition and battle. M'Lord
Little Todd put together a stainless steel elbow cop and leather
vambrace. He has already completed his leather body armor and is
chomping to start his fighting. Lord Nicolai assisted HE Armand with
some much needed armor repair. HE Armand is gearing up for Three Kings
and does not want his armor to fall off during the fighting. Lord Sasha
spent the evening at the Beverly shear cutting out his metal plates to
be used with his leg armor. Lord Sasha is a phenomenal artist in the
mundane world and his armor reflects his skill with design and execution
of a project. M'Lord Richard (Wolf) showed up with his newly purchased
legs, arms and pauldrons from Stonekeep Armory.  Sir Simonn assisted him
with the installation of a new chinstrap for his helm and installed some
new straps to his kidney belt. They also did some shield work. M'Lord
Richard is 10th century Norman and will be wearing a very period outfit
to battle. To prepare himself for the summer heat he dons his gambeson,
mail shirt and dress helm then walks at least three miles every day. He
should be in good shape for the upcoming Three Kings event. Lord Phocas
designed and fabricated a new tool rack to organize some of the loose
tools around the shop. It makes a tremendous difference when the tools
you need can be easily located in any shop environment. I modified my
demi-gauntlets that Sir Simonn designed and help construct. He also
assisted me in some sword modifications. His years of fighting
experience and armor fabrication are one of Bordermarch's best kept
secrets.

We mounted a vice and hole-punch solidly to the work bench before many
people showed up for armory and it proved to be a boon for everyone
there. The armory is undergoing some remodeling to better organize the
tools and space. With ten or more people working on projects at the same
time space is at a premium. An addition is planned down the road with
the foundation already formed and set.

The English Wheel and hydraulic press are new additions to the tools in
the shop, but have not been utilized much due to time constraints. Once
things slow down we can explore their capabilities and increase armor
output as well as expand our capability to make more complicated pieces.

I left the armory at about 10:00pm and it was still full of guys working
on their gear. Usually, when we finish up, we stay and discuss fighting
tactics and strategies or just see who can tell each other the biggest
lie.

Good times and good friends making armor and talking about glory and
honor, does it get any better than that?