[Bordermarch] Fwd: [Redtape] waiver forms

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 07:19:17 PDT 2007

Your Excellency Baroness Valencia,
Thank for introducing your charming nephew a few months ago.  It is good
news that he wants to come to Melees, etc.

Your desired post sent with attachments from Red Tape is not clearing the
Bordermarch list because
 "attachments" do not print to the Bordermarch list.
However, I shall attempt to answer your questions about waivers that are
readable in moderator's screen:

As I understand the waiver regulations  -which could be in error, and if so
I shall let you know-

[A]  An adult bringing someone else's minor child to an event in the absence
of that parent
does NOT NEED the Minor Consent Form
only *if* that child is a *blue card* SCA member -with his/her personal
waiver already registered in the SCA Membership Office.

[B]  If the child is paid with a *white card* (meaning the waiver signature
is not on file in the SCA Membership Office), yes, the Minor Consent Form IS
NEEDED.

[C]  If the minor is NOT a PAID SCA MEMBER at all, yes, the Minor Consent
Form IS NEEDED because the SCA has no record of a waiver signature
otherwise.

In the cases [B & C] above, it is good to get multiple copies of the Minor
Form to have one on hand at
Gate, one for the Responsible SCA Adult, one kept on the Minor person, and
one kept by the absent Parent.

I hope this is helpful for you.
Peace and Grace be yours,
Tessa