[Bordermarch] Battle of the Pines

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 16:11:32 PDT 2007

Saturday and Sunday (and Monday for those who attended Monday) at Battle of the Pines were great days in the summer heat where a little shades and a few breezes were most highly appreciated.   The event was set to continue through Monday.
The folk of Greywood had worked on their site much as we all work on the site grounds at Jones Country,
 to make things "just so" for their event.  Many people had shared the load of preparations. One could observe A & S and hear bards and watch all manner of competitions in Greywood, as well a partake of the silent auction for the benefit of site care expenses.

Jolly reunions with many of our good friendly neighbors included a first with Mi'lord Sasha Newby in the Rapier tourney,
giving his all on the list field, and getting acqainted with several of the relatively new new-comers to growing Greywood as well.
So, a day for Newbies went well. :)

All of you would have been highy proud of the way in which Their Excellencies Santiago and Elisabeth, with just a few moments of surprise notice and invitation, were made ready to hold court in Greywood before feast, due in helpful part to the skillful court herald, Mistress Saundra.

Wishing that His Excellency Santiago will produce his rendition of his Travel Journal, as the barony has grown accustomed to reading, I shall not expound further here, other than to say we had a grand time with these good friends and extended familiy
of Greywood at Battle of the Pines 2007.