[Bordermarch] How we fared through Humberto

Bill C Burgin billcburgin at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 14 20:01:39 PDT 2007

Saw Armuin today... she looked beautiful!  She is frail, but has finally put on some weight.  She overdid yesterday(during the storm) mostly "running for the phone," which she rarely got to in time, and was achy today.  She asked about almost everyone, but I am out of the loop and could only answer about the immediate family, and those people Sir Simonn had told me about.  She was in good spirits, a little sad (I'll explain in a minute), but with that edge of steely determination that those who know her have come to expect (don't let her age, condition, or sweet disposition fool you - she has an iron will!).
  But, about the sadness... she is losing her sight, as I'm sure you are all aware by now.  Reading - the passion of her life - is no longer an option for her.  In addition, even though she can still see light and dark, television is painful to her; in fact, she seems to be becoming more sensitive to light.  She has paid help for the first part of the day, but the majority of her time is spent alone.  Her companions are her "books on tape."
  I mention this in the event any of you have books on tape that you might be willing to share.
  She loves history (the older, the better) - particularly Scottish, but I think she would probably appreciate almost anything.  She loves almost any GOOD Literature!
  Anyway, I thought I would mention it.  I live about 3 miles from her, and I am in Beaumont 5 days a week, so I don't mind being a go-between.  My number is 791-1469

Ericus

Burma-shave