[Bordermarch] Populace Meeting Sept 27

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Thu Sep 27 21:47:04 PDT 2007

Woooow-zies!  A grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeaaat turn out for Populace Meeting: 41 signed in for the door prize given by Their Excellencies Elisabeth and Santiago that was won by the magic number 37 chosen by Lady Selina.  A fantastic resource book was the prize!
Lord Vaclav accepted a nice token from Their Excellencies hand-made by Lady Meresank, depicting bees.
That is an interesting story!

It is good of the public business place where we meet monthly to allow us gratis use of their Community Room.
It is also nice that we can $hop there before the meetings!  :)
Let us all remember to pick up after ourselves and to abide by their place-of-business guidelines about
closing hours and their any other rules.
A reminder to all of us and for the new folks to read: one by-line of Bordermarch, SCA, is that we always try to leave a place cleaner than we found it.

That count of 41 does not include several of the regular "regulars" who were prevented from attendance this evening, but it does include a few of the brand new interested persons that we hope will continue on; and it was so good to see Lord Il Danach and Lady Isabella,  and HE Lady AmberLea again.

Thanks to Lord Phocas and his crew for getting the Parchment Pages distributed.

All the Officers' communications are current, Waivers from fighter practices current, Treasury reports timely and efficient, and everything that keeps the SCA and barony legal as an educational, not-for-profit group, always has/needs a good clear report.
Keep up the good work!

Tonight's event training was very beneficial for preparations for this event and future events.
Thank you Lady Selina.

Through an oversight, Lord Whitewolf came without his sign-up sheets for duties (the paperwork had been taken out of his truck by his son), but he had plenty of notebook paper for people to volunteer.
Lady Padragain has the Gate crews filling in, with only a few openings now.

If you could serve at Gate for 30 minutes to give someone a break, that is also helpful.  A shift is usually 2 hours.
Please contact Lady Padragain about Gate slots of 2 hours, or what amount of time you may give.

Please contact Lord Whitewolf or Lord Adolf the Bear (Stewards) or Lord Sterling (Deputy Steward) if you have a particular area that you know you will be able to work in.
Set ups Thursday? Security Fri  or Sat? Transitions of court furnishings: castle, to camp, to court, to BFT?
Persons in Waiting? Parking Lot Security??
Take downs Sunday?  Rest Room/Shower House clean ups Sunday?
And BIG thanks to those who have already signed up.
The saying here is, "Many hands make lighter work!"

Event Work day at site will be Saturday, Oct 27.

See you again, soon,
Tessa
Seneschal