[Bordermarch] WAR!

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 13 17:31:32 PDT 2008

Greetings Bordermarch,

The following words from Gleann Abhann were delivered to HE Elisabeth and myself at great cost.
WE NOW MAKE READY FOR WAR!

Santiago and Elisabeth
 Baron and Baroness
           of
    Bordemarch

--- In gleannabhann at yahoogroups.com, "charles_brk" <charles_brk at ...>
wrote:

Your Majesty's words strikes fear into the hearts of our enemies!

It is indeed a time for strong words and even stronger actions! This
is a tribute to the legacy of the Royal house of Gleann Abhann- the
youngest yet the greatest of all Royal houses.

Since the time of Your Majesty's most esteemed forefathers have we
suffered the slights and indignities of the Ansteorran barbs of
injustice .

It was with the quiet resignation of the inevitable and the fierce
determination to protect what was Theirs that Your Great Great
Grandparents Padruig II and Linnet II signed into law the changes
needed to make this war a possibility. They convened Their curia and
sought the counsel of Their wisest advisors , and ultimately They
changed the calendar as we now know it.

It was in the reign of Havordh II and Mary-Grace II, that Your great
grandparents sent the first warnings to The Barony of Bordermarch
that we were much aggrieved by the theft of our flocks. It was then
that the first messages of war were sent across our border...I was
there and I witnessed the anger upon  Your Great Grandmother's face
as She sent Their words to the Baron and Baroness of Bordermarch as
She sat in state in the lands of Ardenroe at Scribal Symposium.

In the time of your most revered parents Uther I and Kenna I the
peaceful , times were better and there was a sense of amity with our
Ansteorran neighbors.  Perhaps the Ansteorrans were ruled by wiser
heads, or perhaps they feared Your father's reputation as a mighty
warrior. Regardless, with Their strong leadership our citizens
stayed ready to defend our great Kingdom.

Now the time for action is at hand, The fierce legacy of the Royal
household of Gleann Abhann that courses through Your veins could do
no other but guide you to action and "let loose the hounds of war"
upon our Ansteorran foe. It was with great pride that I stood next
to Your most awesome Majesties at the gates of Ansteorra as You
brought to fruition the things Your ancestors began many reigns ago.

It will be with great pride that we stand side by side with your
Royal progeny Havordh III and Mary-Grace III and take these
Ansteorrans to task  for the indignities we have suffered through
the crass defacing of our regalia and the theft of our flocks.

This war will indeed be a grand legacy of the Royal House of Gleann
Abhann. A legacy that will live on as an example of the fierce
determination and love of a royal family to protect what is
rightfully Theirs…as we are Yours, so are You ours…

Your words make me proud to be of Gleann Abhann and indeed a proud
citizen of the Greatest of all the Kingdoms of the Known World.

THL Charles Pierre de Bourbon
Poet Laureate of Gleann Abhann

--- In gleannabhann at yahoogroups.com, "William fitzHughe & Onora"
<greenshield@> wrote:

> Unto the Populace of Gleann Abhann do come greetings and foul
tidings
> from William & Onora, King and Queen of mighty Gleann Abhann.
>
> It is with regret that I must come to you with word of war. Though
it
> is My hope that such conflict can be avoided all attempts to do so
> have fallen on deaf, scotch laden ears. Recently reports have come
> Our attention concerning border incursions along Our western
> frontier. Raiders have been hitting small villages and farms and
then
> fleeing across the borders to Ansteorra. During Our recent visit
> the court of Ulstead and Ebbigardis We heard more rumors of
raiding
> along the western marches. We discussed the matter with Ulstead
and
> were assured He would look into the matter.
>
> While on Our travels north to aid the Kingdom of the East, We
again
> heard tales of further raids even more brazen and destructive than
> before. Before the assembled Kingdoms of the Known world We made
Our
> grievance known as We once again found Our armies facing
Ansteorra,
> in their misplaced allegiance, across the field of battle. These
> Ansteorrans have become so bold in their raids that they did even
> have the audacity to steal several of Our banners and replace them
> with one of their own! Not standing for such insults and showing
no
> fear of the entire host of the Ansteorran army, fair Queen Onora
did
> drape Herself in the flag of Our enemy and marched directly into
the
> heart of the Ansteorran camp to demand the return of Gleann Abhann
> Property. Fear did grip the heart of Ansteorra and all properties
> were returned to Our beloved Heir, Mary Grace, who did preside
over
> the return of property.
>
> Now we send out the call to every corner of mighty Gleann Abhann
> prepare. Make war harness and sharp spear ready! Knights, gather
your
> men at arms and squires and make ready to march to the aid of Our
> marcher lords of the west to defend Our fair lands from the
wolfing
> raiders of the Black Star! Laurels sharpen needle and quill!
Pelicans
> gird up your protégée's! Baron and Baronesses of the Kingdom call
in
> your farmers from the fields and make ready your war levees! Loyal
> Households, one and all make ready! All are to be made ready to
march
> at a moments notice.
>
> We have sent letter to Centurion Arthur to be delivered to their
> Excellencies Santiago and Elisabeth, of the Barony of Bordermarch
> expressing Our demands and is presented here for all to see:
>
> ----------------------------
> Centurion Arthur,
>
> Word continues to reach Me of Ansteorran raids across Our fair
> borders though Ulstead promised Me at His coronation that such
> actions would cease. Then We were further outraged when Our
banners
> were stolen by known Ansteorran agents and replaced with an
> Ansteorran one as though claiming Our encampment at Pennics!
>
> Is their no end to these atrocities?
>
> I fear, as Champion of the Barony of Bordermarch, My wrath and the
> might of the Ram Army will first turn to you for recompense. Our
> intelligence reports all claim that the Barony of Bordermarch is
the
> springboard for the raids that have taken place on Our lands. As
you
> stand in defense as Champion of the Barony of Bordermarch I place
the
> burden on you to take My words to Santiago and Elisabeth and
inform
> them of the storm that is to come should these atrocities
continue.
> We are a peaceful land and not quick to anger, but once stirred We
> will not cease until We are satisfied that justice is done!
>
> Go now and do your duty! We await the words of Their excellencies,
> Santiago and Elisabeth.
>

> William, Rex
> Gleann Abhann
>

> It is Our hope that war can be avoided however, We will not allow
Our
> people to cower in fear of Black Star raiders. The Ram Army is a
> might thing to be feared by those we turn our spears toward. Let
> these raiders to the west be warned that their days are numbered!
>
> Gleann Abhann, make ready! War is before us!
>

> William, Rex

--- End forwarded message ---