[Bordermarch] BAM the Ram, and Pam the Ram Keeper

tessa tessa at gt.rr.com
Thu Aug 7 16:25:30 PDT 2008

Ummmm, wellllllll,
as it happened this past weekend, some of us converged at the BorderKeep site;
we were hauling dead trees; cutting limbs, mowing, shoveling mulch; adding blocks higher around the tower;
working on the rock wall of the new wells, etc.
Behold, every where I turned, there was dutiful little Pam the Ram tending to the ram she calls "BAM" (very suitable name if you ask me, because that is the fond term for the Bordermarch Autumn Melees which have been going now since the 1980's).

Pam led BAM on a leash of sorts so that he would not wander into the jaws of Camp Dog... or worse...
Most of us have seen the deadly jaws of Camp Dog attack a wasp stampede or chomp at hot embers that jump out of a fire pit.  Pam guardedly showed BAM the type of outlets (limited number) that folks might need for connection to electricity;
she taught BAM that stubs from any tobacco sticks on site should be placed into the wooden boxes;
Pam carefully showed BAM the facilities in the shower houses; and
before any of us knew it, looking up at the tall towers, we saw Pam and BAM leaning cautiously waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of the archery window slots, to see what they could see from on high! They must have had some kind of security ropes.
Little Pam guided BAM into places that some of us have not climbed into before!
I wish you all could have been there to see her careful ushering.
I believe she has already become a very responsible caretaker.

Someone said our Little Pam may have a look-alike cousin in Gleann Ahbann, thought to be a Princess Barbie Bob.    Couuuuuulllld beeeeeee... ...   Sets my mind to wondering whether our little waif Pam is of a royal bloodline, and no one knew...
Maybe we should prepare a little throne for Pam the Ram Keeper just in case.

Tessa