[Bordermarch] FW: Mission

Lathrop, Dave Dave.Lathrop at valero.com
Wed Aug 27 08:00:14 PDT 2008

Nomis,

My old tired eyes have been watching the Night Shuffler for many months;
she is indeed a slippery individual, well versed in the art of
subterfuge. At this time I have no proof that the Night Shuffler is
anything other than what she presents to the common folk, although, my
sources recently reported the Night Shuffler's activities in the Dark
Woods; she was gathering mass quantities of hemlock and shrooms.

The swordsman's counsel may acerbate you dear friend, but eyes and ears
are what we need in these times of dire crisis.

The present circumstances concerning the impending conflict with Gleann
Abhann has forced us to call upon every able-bodied man, woman, and
child to take up arms, and make ready for battle. Unfortunately, due to
understaffed guard personnel, this action forced the release of some
detainees of questionable heritage from our dungeons.
Nomis, I beg you!  trust no one during your travels; you are being
followed!  We no not if this shadow is friend or foe, but some of those
we released were seen stalking the same path that began your journey.

It will please you to know that Goblet, that young simple boy you
adopted, is now my official "Food Taster".  He has adapted well to life
in the manse, but still looks forward to your safe return.
You have always been fleet-of-foot old friend, but perhaps you can use
some of the gold rounds I gifted you, and procure a mount; just a
thought.

HE Santiago