[Bordermarch] Health of the Barony

Bill C Burgin billcburgin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 08:03:31 PST 2008

________________________________

From: "nomistk at bordermarch.org" <nomistk at bordermarch.org>
To: bordermarch at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Tuesday, December 2, 2008 6:08:56 AM
Subject: [Bordermarch] Health of the Barony

How many times must I warn you that the Baroness only cooks to hasten your early demise!

==I cannot imagine that Nomis has a spy inside Her Excellency's head, and knows what her intent is toward You!
But, many a man has been led happily toward a gallows of his own making for the sake of Love.  Do not let an addled old curmudgeon turn You against the one You adore.  I too am wed to a very embraceable Lady, and am prone to "spooning" whenever the opportunity presents itself.  Life is too short not to take moments of joy when we can...
==

I can only imagine what hand the one armed gardener has to play in this latest concern.
Interesting how once the threat of imminent demise has passed that her ability to use the once lame arm has returned.  I guess the cover story is no longer needed.

== The Gardener's miraculous recovery is directly attributable to the fact that she needed 2 arms to hold a baby she has been waiting to meet for quite some time.  Anyone who knows her, and the father of the child, would need no more information to understand her motivation...
==

I thought that you had enlisted an official taster ...<snip>  I was fortunate to have met one of the "lost boys"...  tasting the liquid droppings from the waste pile.

I could only imagine that this was a requirement of yours for this poor unfortunate to be able to become your official taster.  What a harsh test you put your people to just for the
privilage to serve.

== You are generous to overlook these types of comments, and to continue to employ the handicapped.
==

My spies have not been able to locate any information about the swordsman and his doings.

==Amazing, since I spent much time around the battlefield, speaking with Yourself and Her Embraceableness, engaged in conversation with Her Majesty Glenn Abhan at the very edge of the field battle, and watched my son in combat.  Shortly after I arrived, our forces were deployed to a nearby ravine where we expected an attack. However, we soon received word that the enemy had withdrawn from the area, and no battle would take place.  It has been rumored that their advance scouts saw me wander in that direction - only to find a good vantage point from which to observe our victory - and decided that they did not have enough troops after all... but that's only a rumor.
==
== On another point, I take You back to good Nomis' first post after our great victory, which I have copied a portion of here:
"It seems that your ploy to make the enemy think I was dead worked.  I was able to roam around undetected in the enemy camp."
Is it not more likely that they all recognized him?  From his posts leading up to the attempted invasion, it seems that he did not leave one tavern, inn, bar, moonshine still, brewery, or watering trough unvisited. Or, from the number of alleyways and roadside ditches he sent his reports from, they likely thought he was one of the many goats they had brought with them.  We are probably lucky he did not wind up killed and partially eaten before they discovered their mistake!
==

Please be careful and do not get surprized by a sudden attack from his direction.  I have
been able to locate your missing Don and his hair seems to be well groomed.  Let us pray no tangles come his way.

== I know this man, and call him 'brother.' That would normally be enough to cause me to respond to these verbal slights.  But I believe I will let Nomis' chickens come home to roost in their own good time.
==

I have also heard that the Donless cadet has been recognized for his ability to consume large amounts of brew.
If there is such an award for consumption where do I sign up?

Concerned for your Health
Nomis

== Nomis could best show that concern by standing downwind...
Ericus