[Bordermarch] Populace dribble

Phocas phocas at bordermarch.org
Mon Dec 8 20:55:20 PST 2008

Ahhhh Nomis,
   Tisk, tisk , tisk.... Against my better judgment and what Proverb 23:9
has to say.   I remove myself from silence and speak.

What a risk you take attacking the good people of Bordermarch.  Perhaps you
have been on the road and in the wilderness too long to remember the love
and bond the Baron and Baroness have with each other.  Neither can be the
great person they are with out the other.

Yes, I remain quiet as I keep my self busy watching over our Barony from a
good hiding place. Silence is the key to stealth - obviously something you
haven't learned.  I'm reminded of a letter my good friend Paul sent to the
good people of Corinth: "For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be
a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should
think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me."

Nomis, being a man of many years as you are; surly you are familuar with the
words of Plato?
"Wise men speak because they have something to say;
Fools because they have to say something."

In support and gratitude of Their Excellencies and Bordermarch,
Thinker Tinker

Proverb 23:9  Speak not in the ears of a fool: for he will despise the
wisdom of thy words.

He's a wonderful talker, who has the art of telling you nothing in a great
harangue.  ~Jean Baptiste Molière, Le Misanthrope (in 1666)

an inability to stay quiet, an irritable desire to act directly, is one of
the most conspicuous failings of mankind.  Walter Bagehot (1867)

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving evidence
of the fact.  ~George Eliot, Impressions of Theophrastus Such, 1879

It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it
and resolve all doubt.  ~Abraham Lincoln