[Bordermarch] chainmalle question

Bill C Burgin billcburgin at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 15:08:05 PST 2008

There are MANY better qualified to answer your question than I, and hopefully they will respond soon... that being said, in my limited experience, a hauberk is done as a complete 'shirt' which is pulled over the head.  I suppose it is possible that straps might be attached, or thongs run through it to allow it to accommodate someone smaller than it was built for, but I imagine that it would be more economical to re-size - and recover the valuable metal - and not carry around the extra weight!
Now, we await the experts...
Ericus
 Burma-shave