[Bordermarch] Hiding

nomistk at bordermarch.org nomistk at bordermarch.org
Thu Dec 25 06:56:24 PST 2008

Ah,
Once again my keen powers of observation and detection are put to the test.  Contrary to what the swordsman would like to hear I must comment on the Baron's last post.  I will take
the same format as the swordsman so that everybody (even the Baroness's tribe of midget female assasins) can follow what secret message was sent.

Let us start the discussion:

Greetings Bordermarch (Help all who can hear me),

I've been hiding in my barn (I am being kept prisoner in the dungeon of my keep) so Elisabeth won't drag me out (stretch me on the rack) shopping again.

To all our friends,(A call for help) even Nomis,(specific call for help to me) we sincerely (these words were forced) wish you a Merry Christmas.

Santiago, Elisabeth and family (Notice the reference to family, this is a reference to the Baroness's conspirators)

While some may not like my ability to "read between the lines", it has served me well for well over 3 decades.  Just look at the recent letter that my spies intercepted from the
dimwitted brewer:

Your Excelency,

Just received disstresing news from Nomis this past week. He stated in his message that your privet Yale stock is almost depleted
and that the oak barrels of mead are dry. If this is ture, I fear that Nomis has been filling his wine sacks before his journeys.
You may rest easy Your Excelency, for I have been hard at work making sure that your cup will never run dry of drink, for you need
to be able to wash down the end-trail stew that Her Excelency has been sereving as of late. I have not been able to get that taste
out of my mouth now for weeks.

Your meat mead is just about ready, thanks to a few of you loyal subjects  collecting enough meat scraps from the GA army before
they left your lands for home. May I say, that it smells and taste heavenly. You might want to place a few guards to protect it
from Nomis.

As always,
In service to the Baron...

Your Brewer

All of this is in conformation of what I have been saying all along, but I was attacked for this.  Now, I understand the roles certain people play for this Barony. The swordsman is
the constant advisor to our leaders and a ready blade when required.  The mad potter used to wash the dishes but broke so many of them she was tasked to making them instead.  The
Lacky in Collusion flits about in the shadows waiting to knee cap any opposition that may arise.  The gypsy tart dances to distract the populace from the real dangers.  The tinker
spends his time in the hall of records coming up with sayings that he seems incapable of making on his own.  The dim witted brewer is cooking up foul brew to make the people forget
my warnings.  The one armed gardener is constantly watching and waiting for opportunities to strike against me while growing her poisonous plants.  The Donless cadet goes about
unknowing his plight, but ready to serve when needed.  Oh the list can and will go on.

I also realize my roll.  I am the silent blade in the shadows that does the unspeakables for the Baron.  I am the carion call in the dark of night warning of untold danger.  I am
the one who must expose the plots so that all will know.  This is not my desired roll in my twilight years but one I feel I must take on.

Until we talk again,
Nomis of Topaz Key