[Bordermarch] Hiding

Bill C Burgin billcburgin at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 27 08:17:40 PST 2008

From: "nomistk at bordermarch.org" <nomistk at bordermarch.org>
To: bordermarch at lists.ansteorra.org
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2008 8:56:24 AM
Subject: [Bordermarch] Hiding

Ah,
Once again my keen powers of observation and detection are put to the test.  Contrary to what the swordsman would like to hear I must comment on the Baron's last post.  I will take
the same format as the swordsman so that everybody (even the Baroness's tribe of midget female assassins) can follow what secret message was sent.

<drivel snipped>

While some may not like my ability to "read between the lines", it has served me well for well over 3 decades.  Just look at the recent letter that my spies intercepted from the
dimwitted brewer:

<snipping innocuous letter from loyal Brewer>

All of this is in conformation...

<I believe it 'conforms' to what he believes, but is not 'confirmation' of anything...

...of what I have been saying all along, but I was attacked for this.  Now, I understand the roles certain people play for this Barony.

<Do you? To some the glass is half full; to some, half empty; but to Nomis, the glass always contains poison...

The swordsman is the constant adviser to our leaders and a ready blade when required.

<The very fact that there was no complaint housed in this assessment makes me nervous... has Nomis finally remembered who I am - and always have been - or is he trying to trick me into letting my guard down?

The mad potter used to wash the dishes but broke so many of them she was tasked to making them instead.

<The 'mad' potter can still be counted on to wash dishes if that is where she is needed.  And if the art that good Lady creates is counted as madness, then it seems a divine madness to me!

 The Lacky in Collusion flits about in the shadows waiting to knee cap any opposition that may arise.

<An excellent occupation, and I'm sure the Lackey knows just who to strike on behalf of our Nobles.

 The gypsy tart dances to distract the populace from the real dangers.

<Or, perhaps, she dances to distract our enemies to our greater advantage...?

The tinker spends his time in the hall of records coming up with sayings that he seems incapable of making on his own.

<not everyone can be as eloquent as our good Nomis (ha!).  And the wisdom of the ages is not to be discounted.

The dim witted brewer is cooking up foul brew to make the people forget my warnings.

<again, an excellent occupation!

The one armed gardener is constantly watching and waiting for opportunities to strike against me while growing her poisonous plants.

<And yet, not one member of our good Barony has ever succumbed to poison...?  Meanwhile, our enemies fall by the wayside and never assault us in the numbers that were threatened.  I'm not saying that good Lady is directly responsible for such an act, but it does make one wonder...

The Donless cadet goes about unknowing his plight, but ready to serve when needed.  Oh the list can and will go on.

< I'm sure it will. But in each person, and each act, where you see something to fear I see hope, loyalty and expressions of love - to our home and our Nobles.

I also realize my roll.  I am the silent blade in the shadows that does the unspeakable for the Baron.  I am the carion call

< wow! I'm not sure if 'carrion' or 'clarion' was intended but, wow!

 in the dark of night warning of untold danger.  I am the one who must expose the plots so that all will know.  This is not my desired roll in my twilight years but one I feel I must take on.

<Come over to the light, Nomis.  There are enemies enough outside our walls.  There are not any inside.

Until we talk again,
Nomis of Topaz Key

Is anyone still listening?
Ericus