[Bordermarch] Mid-Eastern Dance and BAM

Tommie Stovall-Prentiss katitcha at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 27 22:27:50 PST 2008

I just wanted to say that participating in the Hafla was amazing.  It felt really good to dance again.  I had not danced since the summer of 2006 when my knees went out.  I was too scared it might happen again.  The encouragement of all the dancers and demonstration of different styles was great.  Also, some of the dance games that went on Saturday night were a real blast.  It was like being a kid again.  I enjoyed the class Friday afternoon.  I learned a whole lot in a short amount of time.  I have found new life in these difficult bones and muscles again.  I look forward to taking some classes locally at Lamar and participating in future Haflas.  The dancers really went out of their way to make the newcomers feel welcome and encouraged, and I really appreciate that.  Thank you for not looking down on me when I had to wear all my braces to help me participate.  That was a real boost, and I will never forget it. I also want to say that BAM this year was amazing fun.  I am sorry I have been away for so long.  It was good to be back with the Bordermarch family.  I was able to do a little to help, and that is always uplifting.  It is good to feel welcome.  I want to say that the taverns were wonderful.  The One Hump Camel Stop and Odyssey Coffee were life savers on those cold, cold mornings.  I hope they come again and participate with us in the future. Also, thank you Lady Libby for the banner painting class.  You allowed us to come late and let us get as far as we could in the time we had.  Your banners that you brought were really nice and your explanation of the floating medium and its uses was enlightening.  I look forward to finishing some banners before the next event.  Thank you to Lord Miguel and camp with the seige weapons for allowing me to sit near your fire and visit.  I enjoyed the conversations, and I look forward to learning more about siege weapons.  Thank you to Lady Padraigin and Countess Mistress Lady Tessa for allowing me to help at gate and trusting in me.  That means a lot.  Thank you to Lord Vaclav for letting me help with the waterbearing table.  I enjoyed being able to help that small bit and watch the battles take place. I know some of you may not understand why participating and feeling wanted is so important, but for those of us who have had physical set backs, being a part of things is uplifting to our inner self.  You don't ever really realise what you have had until you lose it.  Something as simple as lifting your arms over your head is often not thought of until a rotator cuff in the shoulder has gone caput, or a knee injury prevents you from walking through your own house.  I want everyone to know that Bordermarch is a beacon. Everyone has something they can be a part of somewhere.  With friends and encouragement even the gimpy can be super heroes of sorts **smile**  Directions may have to be adjusted, but there is nothing that can really stop you except yourself.  Thanks to those that have reminded me of that in gentle ways.  I look forward to the future. For Love of the DreamTommie Stovallaka Katitcha Brendwyth Eledin Stovold