[Bordermarch] I lay here in pain

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Wed Aug 5 04:22:16 PDT 2009

Chrestien,

You evidently failed to pay attention at our A&S day bow making class. Lord Phocas will be crushed when he finds out his explanation about bowstring construction was wasted on deaf ears!

Here's what I got:
String length--- The final length of your string should be a bit less than the length of the bow by about two to three inches.
String material---Dacron B50 from Three River's Archery Supply
String Construction---- It would take more words than I know to convey how to do it, but a good source of info is the Archer's Bible series of books,(4-volumes); they'll have everything you'll need.

We can get together again at the barn or I'll bring the stuff to make what's called a Flemish bowstring to one of our practices.

Now that you've teased us with the poem, who is or was Gace Brule?

By the way; the drugs seem to be helping you come out of your shell. Try mixing them with just a smidgeon of Jimwat juice; it won't help with the pain, but it will put hair between your toes.