[Bordermarch] Populace Update

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 20:10:32 PST 2009

A reminder that February's populace meeting is tomorrow night 7 pm at Gander Mt in BMT.  For all who did not attend last months meeting you missed it!!

To update you some...
It has been decided that this years Baronial Event will be held in Winnie, Texas NOT at the castle.  This was a two fold decision.  One to be in a more central location where many could day trip and we could incorporate or local Barony better and two break even on this event.  That said we also will be offering a very low entrance fee for the day and hope to show our true hospitality to all who play with us this day.  More in our Black Star ad.

We also welcomed our new senschel Lord Adolf the Bear and our new Local Scribal officer HE Therese.

There will be a new format to our populace meetings starting this month.  Each meeting will include 1-2 short symposiums on a topic dear to the SCA.  These will be conducted by populace volunteers so sign up with HE Elizabeth if interested.

A Baronial A&S Gathering will also take place 3-4 times a year to brush up and share with others the talents within our own Barony.  This is is the planning stage more to come....

This is the beginning of a great year!  Be there tomorrow for the first symposium and for dates on our first Baronial Gathering as well as much, much more!

God's Grace,
HE Elizabeth