[Bordermarch] The Baron

Gobel, Robert Robert.Gobel at sulzer.com
Wed Jul 29 08:46:22 PDT 2009

Ah the final stages of the Baron's Megalomania have set in.  Now he
writes to himself and wonders why no one will answer him.  Is his
greatness too much for people to confront, he wonders?  Has he grown
greater than this little Barony that serves at his whim?  Should he move
on to other, grander projects?

 Just then he is distracted by something shiny in his yard.  Could it be
a dropped treasure yet undiscovered?  he must investigate this glimmer
of hope.  As he walks into his yard he looks over to his barn.  What is
that on the porch?  Is that a misplaced piece of wood?  Could it be a
willow branch longing to be converted into some useful object?  As he
approaches the Barn, Shiny object long forgotten, he spies some metal on
the ground.  That sorry Adolf he says, muttering to himself that the
metal needs to be moved.  Why, look at that piece of square tubing, I
could make a brace for a trebuchet out of this.  He sits down on a
rather large log while examining his newly discovered metal.  How much
tubing do I have like this.  If only Adolf had placed this metal in a
better spot I would be able to see it all.  Just then he glances down at
what he is sitting on and discovers that it is a rather large tree that
was felled last year.  Oh yes, he says to himself, this is what I was
going to use to make the blacksmith shop.  But I could also use this to
make a siege tower for the castle.  Yes, a siege tower. larger than any
in the known world.  If only I had more trees!  But wait, look over
there, there is more felled trees!  what a boon I have.  all I need to
do is go into the Barn and get my chainsaw mill and start to cut up
these logs for the siege tower.

As he enters his barn a long slender object catches his eye.  What is
this he asks.  Oh yes my bow, I am almost finished with it.  Let me just
take a few cuts on it and test it for its strength, hey what is that
shiny thing in the yard... some long lost treasure?  I must go
investigate........

Wilinhet- Willing to get to it and get something done, spoken in the
Baron Santiago's native tongue at an unnatural speed so that the words
all blend together.

Adolf the Bear

Anniversary Homepage: http://www.sulzer.com/175

Anniversary Games: http://www.experience-sulzer.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged.
This email is intended to be reviewed by only the addressee(s) named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, copying, use or storage of this email
and its attachments, if any, or the information contained herein is
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please
immediately notify the sender by return email and delete this email
from your system. Thank you.