[Bordermarch] The Bow

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Jun 23 08:49:14 PDT 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

The good news is I haven't yet broken my latest bow; the bad news is HE Elisabeth might get miffed with me when she finds out I used some of the "Private Stock" from her piles of fabric.
I was looking for some linen to glue to the back of the bow, but as I scrutinized her fabric supplies I realized that I couldn't tell linen from duck canvas. I decided to pick out some fabric that would complement the color of my eyes which are chocolaty blue.
Since she was in Houston last weekend, I felt that I could remove the cloth to the shop and cut out just a bit for my bow. I replaced the fabric right where I found it, and with luck she'll never notice the patch I cut from it.

Due to HE Elisabeth's shoulder injury, her communication skills might not be up to par. As we all know, she unconsciously waves her hands around a lot when she speaks, and I fear she might cause further injury if excited. With everyone's help, perhaps we can keep her arm immobilized during populace this coming Thursday. She did get a steroid shot right in the shoulder joint yesterday, and she's already informed me she that feels like moving all the furniture tonight. I don't know how long this steroid induced burst of energy will last, but as long as it does---have pity on me!