[Bordermarch] fighter practice 10-15-09

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Fri Oct 16 08:24:19 PDT 2009

Greetings Bordermarch,

The following is a true account of one of the happenings at last night's fighter practice:

Picture if you will; two Brown laying hens, an Emu, and one Little red chicken hawk, just four happy, extremely beautiful,  Lady birds clacking away in a tight little group, when all of a sudden the Little chicken hawk notices a big Road Island Red Rooster sneaking up on them.
The Rooster was an extremely ugly bird with a plucked head and short stubby wings with feathers that looked like hair!
He would flap his stubby wings real fast, then he'd stretch his neck out as far as it would go, and bob his ugly plucked head up and down. He'd scratch at the ground, and use his gobbler to produce a deep rumbling cooing like noise. The Rooster never once made eye contact with the Lady birds.
The Lady birds tried to ignore the Rooster, but he was getting closer and closer!
All at once the two Brown laying hens let out a, "Squaaawk! They stiffened straight up and spread out their wings, then they puffed up all their feathers in an attempt to look really scary! They turned their beaks towards each other and said, "Clak, clak, clak,clak,Claaaaak!
When the Rooster was but an eggs throw away, the tall Blue feathered Emu dropped into a defensive stance and never took her eyes off the Rooster. She was prepared to kick the ugly Rooster into the middle of next week should  he try anything funny.
The Little red chicken hawk, being a chicken hawk, was smoking mad and said, "Aw'll wup that thar Rooster wiff my hair, wiff my hair!
The Rooster, once he'd scratched his way real close to the Lady birds, raised head ugly plucked head and said," Hey! You Lady birds look like you're out of chicken feed, why don't you  go peck in grass the over there, maybe you'll find some food."
The two Brown laying hens looked at the Blue feathered Emu and said, ""Clak, clak, clak,clak,Claaaaak!
The Blue feathered Emu looked at the Little red chicken hawk and said, "Emuuuuuuuu!"
The smoking mad Little red chicken hawk looked at the big ugly Road Island Red Rooster and said, "I'm fixing ta wup your ugly plucked Rooster head wiff ma my hair, wiff ma my hair!
The Rooster turned around and left the Lady birds alone.

Credits:
         Brown laying hen #1-------------------HE Elisabeth
         Brown laying hen #2-------------------Lady Cataline
         Blue feathered Emu-------------------Lady Karen