[Bordermarch] plans betrayed!

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Oct 20 12:27:37 PDT 2009

Nomis,

Your verbiage about the gods conspiring against me reminds me of the tale of the Butcher and the Weasel.
The butcher in this particular tale always kept a small bag of goat cheese hanging from the rafters of his butcher shop. The previous owner of the butcher shop was also a butcher who was accused of harboring a weasel in his shop. The law in the town where the butcher shop was located was clear and to the point, "Absolutely no weasels allowed!"
When the original butcher shop owner died of old age, the butcher who liked goat cheese bought the shop.
The goat cheese butcher worked many long hours to provide his family with money to purchase the things they needed, but there never seemed to be enough money.
The butcher eventually got hungry, he reached to the rafters for what he thought was his bag of goat cheese, and to his surprise he discovered a small bit of dried pig's ear!

The loss of Captain Brule's first mate has rendered the crews moral to an all-time low. I've sent limes for Captain Brule to divvy out to his crew in hopes of restoring their faith in his leadership. A navy must be able to operate like a greased wheel, therefore, I cannot send our navy to attack just yet. I await word from Captain Brule as to whether the limes did the trick.

Nomis, be wary of the fluss on the rot, it's the canker that destroyed far better men than you.