[Bordermarch] Merry Christmas 2010 and Happy New Year 2011

WESLEY SIMPSON slovaczek at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 27 09:41:47 PST 2010

Greetings Tessa,
I am pleased to hear all the good news that you and  Simon have, and wish you
both much much more. I live with a saturation of 95% on room air and the home
health groups won't do home o2 unless your room air sat. is less than 92% so I
guessed Simon's sat.must have been lower. Is he on 2 or 3 liters ? If you need
to figure out how much the fraction of oxygen he is on, the best way is to
remember that 1 liter = 24% fio2, 2 liters =28%, 3 liters = 32%, 4 liters is
36%, 5 liters is 40% and 6 liters is 44% but after 6 liters the nasal cannula is
inaccurate as more o2 blows out of the nose as goes in, so you have to go to a
mask after 6 liters. Hope this helps! By the way, if there is anything you need
to ask in the way of respiratory care or medical that I can help you out with ,
I would be glad to. As to your hobbling around, I hope this will improve faster
than the Dr's. plans .  I hope you both will have a happy New Year and hope to
see you at 12th night.
>From The Northern Lands of Bordermarch.
WES