[Bordermarch] Populace and the Great Micmac Debate!

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Feb 23 11:32:38 PST 2010

Greetings Bordermarch,

This Thursday we'll be gathering for populace at Gander Mountain, 7:00 pm in the back room.
We'll have some copies of the latest issue of the Trumpeter, our newsletter, for all to enjoy.

I'd like to get another volunteer to contribute to the "You Only Thought You Knew Me" column in our newsletter.
Jot down 15 things about yourself that you don't think our folks know, and see if you can surprise them. Send your info to chronicler at bordermarch.org<mailto:chronicler at bordermarch.org>

Gulf War is right around the corner and so is our Baronial. We'll be discussing both subjects at populace this Thursday.

HE Elisabeth and her crew will be travelling this weekend to the Shire of Ffynnon Gath, somewhere out west of us, to enjoy the Equestrian War College. There're going to have a good time one and all.
If you get a wild hair and have naught to do this weekend, why don't you tag along with HE Elisabeth's happy little troupe and keep an eye on them for me. Report back to me with details.

At populace this Thursday we will resume the ongoing debate between myself and those who shall remain nameless; a debate pertaining to the validity of the auto biography written by Sue Lonjoch. Sue Lonjoch was a Micmac Indian steel worker who reached his prime in the early part of the 20th century. The trials and tribulations of the Micmac steel workers, who were highly influenced by the French during our country's early years of revolution, are covered extensively in Sue Lonjoch's riveting account of his life. In his book, Sue Lonjoch claims he was the one who drove the last iron rivet in the now infamous Winooski River train trestle!   Sue was the first to use the written word to record what had previously been communicated for generations only from Micmac father to Micmac son; ---the fact that Vikings stole some Micmac woman and used them as ransom for corn!!!  He also proves that the word "ACME" was originally derived from the word "Micmac" by dropping the "i" and one "c" and the little "m". Everything else stayed the same in the word except upper case spelling was used and the big "E" was added just for grins! The order of the letters was also juggled just a bit.
We might not have enough time to develop this debate to its full potential , but I can guarantee, sides will be chosen!

We will also squeeze into our discussions during populace the merits of sleeping in a hotel room with a water feature. This particular water feature I speak of looks and sounds just like a toilet that never stops flushing!

We hope to see you there this Thursday,