[Bordermarch] The education of Lord Brand Eirikr

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Jul 12 10:00:51 PDT 2010

Greetings Bordermarch,

It is with a sad heart that I must relay to Bordermarch that our very own Lord Brand Eirikr Bjarnarson, second born son to Lord Adolf the Bear, will be seeking a higher education this fall in the Middle Kingdom. He shall be pursuing some tutelages in the ancient verse of Germanic origin.

I recently encouraged him to expand his knowledge in this special language because of his total absence of any knowledge of the Germanic rodent species, which we all know is vital to a well rounded warriors skill set.

His father recently displayed a feeling of vexation about his son traveling so far from the family nest at such a young age but calmed when his son explained that this journey would make him a better man and it might even snag him a girlfriend!

Lord Brand Eirikr had to promise his father that he would continue training with sword and shield and would not slow his consumption of peanuts.

Lord Brand Eirikr leaves behind two brothers, Lord Decimus and M'Lord Carlos, he also leaves behind his only sister, M'Lady Abby. Lord Adolf's consort, Lady Collecte, is saddened to the point of baking small loafs of rye bread in the shape of Lord Brand Eirikr's head!

Lord Brand Eirikr will be missed for a few months and then he will return to join us for Autumn Melees and Gulf Wars, then he disappear again. He has not disappeared yet, maybe in August.

If a chance encounter brings you into his circle of influence before he departs, do not hug him, for he has proclaimed that he is a man who does not like man-hugs.