[Bordermarch] news

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Tue Jun 15 07:50:47 PDT 2010

Greetings Bordermarch,

There is now a contest between Lord Adolf the Bear and me to see who can complete a working blacksmithing forge first!
I've given Lord Adolf most of the info he'll need to build his forge but I still might have to go to his place and build it for him, even if I do I still win.
Lord Adolf does has a large handicap that might be slowing his build; Lord Aaron Whitewolf is giving him advice.

Lord Aaron Whitewolf has a new source for brewing supplies that is a lot closer than Houston. I think he said it is located just a bit off of HWY 146.
He checked it out and their prices are in line with most other places, but the real deal is the gas money and time you save getting there.
They also force you to drink beer when you enter their store and they teach brewing classes every week!
Me thinks a brewing guild field trip is in order...soon!

I transplanted my grape vine from the big pot it's been in for the last three years to good old mother earth. In the three years it's been in the pot it's never produced anything
except grape leaves. I checked it the other day and found to my great surprise that a single bunch of grapes has sprouted!
With extreme exuberance I shouted out to HE Elisabeth to come and bask in my pleasure but she could not hear me. I was consoled when our dog joined me as I took in the sight of the pale green globules on my grape vine.

I now have three lemon trees and can boast that between all three trees I have one lemon! My one lemon almost met its demise when little Harley, my granddaughter, reached up an gave the lemon a tug. The lemon survived the 2yr olds' onslaught and still hangs proud. I am hoping the grapes and lemon will be ripe by the time we have our A&S day because I would like others to share my bounty.

Unto Lord Slovaczek... populace will be next Thursday, the 24th, at Gander Mountain.

Unto Lady Padraigin...we've not heard any rumors lately; keep up the good work!

I recently heard form Sir Simonn and family who are in Alaska, Sir Simonn is building a shed. He says the weather is great except for some light rain and there are no bugs!
Since Lord Zane has let his hair and beard go to pot, using the shabby excuse that the long hair will protect him from the cold arctic wind, he will probably have to be de-loused and wormed when he gets back home. I checked the Mayan calendar for cold arctic winds and found that they will not be present this year near the Lee family's summer vacation spot in Alaska.
I do not think I'll be able to wait for Countess Tessa to return with a brand new turnip soup recipe.

Unto Lord Chrestien Brule... I finished your lovely Lady's bowstring.

Unto Lady Padraigin, again... did you send in the stuff to the chronicler like you said you would?

Unto M'Lord Beau... need I say more?