[Bordermarch] FYI

justinw at dreammakersetx.com justinw at dreammakersetx.com
Wed Mar 17 20:46:46 PDT 2010

Your Excellency,

     I am writing to you to inform you that Sewallis and I ARE in route
to meet with you and the great army of Ansteorra. We are a day or two
later than I had liked. I had Sewallis secure us transportation while I
dealt with a disturbance upon the ship. Seems a cat made it on board.
There are some very sick people in this world. Unfortunately I am now 3
crew members short. I have asked M'lord Beau Delamere and his lovely
lady Shud of The Full Cup (hope I spelled it correctly) to guard the
coastal boundaries of Bordermarch in my absence.

     He did a fine job. He had us 2 strong looking horses that appeared
to be bred for running.Thirty minutes into our voyage, his horse began
to limp... After examining it, we found it had thrown a shoe. We were
close to a village so we stopped to get the horse taken care of. While
there, a man recognized the horses as being his neighbors.

     Me being the outstanding verbalist that I am, I inform the
gentleman that we had just purchased the horses from him and were taking
them on a short journey.All was well and the man let us be. After his
horse was fixed, we made ready once again and began our journey a second
time.

     After riding for about another 30 minutes, his horse stopped again.
This time, with Sewallis still atop it, the horse laid down right in the
middle of the road. It was the darnedest thing I have seen, next to what
3 drunken sailors can do with a cat. Sewallis tried for an hour to get
the horse to move but it refused. Now Sewallis is an excellent First
Mate but having him ride on the back of my horse isn't going to
happen.....

    Well to sum it up, we had to trade the broken horse in for a broken
cart. The cart is being repaired and made ready today and Thursday. We
shall begin our journey early Friday morning. I hope we are not too late
to join in the spilling of Trimarian blood!!! Can you save use at least
a few injured Trimarian soldiers for us to kill? It would be greatly
appreciated.

Lord Chrestien Brule
Captain of "The Phoenix"
Captain of The Bordermarch Navy (see "Unto The Noble Barony Bordermarch"
in Dec. Trumpeter)
King of my lady's heart