[Bordermarch] The burned out manse

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Oct 4 05:59:44 PDT 2010

I thank the stars that the Master assassin, formally my ex arch nemesis, Carlos the Ripper, has been retained as my Youth Archery Champion since last year's BAM.
If not for his oath of fealty he would be the very first on my list of suspects who would have the skill to torch HE Elisabeth's and my old manse.

Unfortunately, we shall be choosing a new Youth Archery Champion at BAM this year, and Carlos the Ripper will no longer be burdened by his oath of fealty!
I fear he has had some free time since last year's BAM to develop some new methods of destruction, and will once again resume his favorite pastime, which is trying to assassinate me.

HE Elisabeth and I journeyed to visit the old manse one last time, but as we were departing from the destruction of the fire I could swear the breeze carried with it just a hint of tiki torch fuel; then again, he did swear an oath of fealty.