[Bordermarch] A&S Day I

Jillian Birtciel saintesun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 06:27:40 PST 2011

Greetings Soggy Barony!

Plans are well underway for our upcoming A&S Day at HE Therese's house!  I'd
love to hear any ideas, commitments, requests, or pitfalls you can think of,
either here or at Populace this Thursday.
HE Therese has asked for a few big strong lads to help her move some
concrete blocks in the coming weeks so that she can hold her pottery class
outside.  If you're interested and have the time, please let her know.
She'll also be needing a couple of folks to lend a hand with yardwork the
morning of our party, March 5th before 10 am.  So if you arrive early,
please help out.  Hopefully we'll be able to knock out the heavy stuff well
beforehand and only the little touch-ups will be left.
Some of the classes offered so far are:

Beginning Chainmail - Atli Karlsson
Basic Heraldry & Submissions - HE AmberLea & Ly. Jillian
Pottery - HE Therese (small fee if you wish your pieces fired at a later
date)
Bamboo Flute Making - Ld. Phocas
Camp Cooking - Mistress Tessa

After/during the cooking class if you wish to throw something on one of the
grills or pits available, please do so!  Bring a side dish or dessert to
share as well, and we'll give more meal info as we get closer to the date.

For those of you thinking of skipping out because you're a brawny fighter
type who doesn't do the artsy-fartsy business...HOLD!
There will be a fighter practice in the afternoon and *hopefully* a
marshaling class.  The marshaling students will need people to watch, so
come out and help teach a class by being yourselves!
All are welcome, especially our newest folks, so bring a friend, some food
to share and a chair to have fun at our A&S Back Yard Party!

See you @ Populace...

--
Yours in Service,

~Jillian Saint Andre, OSTB

`*When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, `it
means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less.' *

* `The question is,' said Alice, `whether you can make words mean so many
different things.' *

* `The question is,' said Humpty Dumpty, `which is to be master - - that's
all.' *