[Bordermarch] A report from Round Table

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Jan 24 10:18:54 PST 2011

A Report from Round Table

HE Elisabeth and I set our alarm for 5:00am Saturday, knowing full well that we needed to get an early start to Round Table in Houston.
The alarm went off right on time and we headed out the door with everything we needed, except for those few items we forgot.
We were set to pick up HE Therese at her house at 6:00am, but we had a few stops to make before we arrived.
I had to fill up the tick with fresh petrol and HE Elisabeth had to have her coffee. I decided to get a couple packs of powdered donuts for the trip, and some chips in case we broke down and needed some food to survive until a tow truck arrived.
HE Therese called and wondered where the heck we were. We finally arrived at her place at around 7:00am; she still had to brush her teeth before we could leave.
We had told Lady Padraigin to meet us at the old Howard Johnson's on College Street, and we also told her to be there by 4:00am. From past experiences with Lady Padraigin's unique sense of telling time, we knew that giving her a 4:30 am deadline would put her there around 7:00am. Unfortunately she did arrive on time. We saw her sitting in the parking lot munching on a full bag of donut holes, but decided to just drive around the block a few times before we pulled in beside her car. When she saw us she grabbed up a package from the dollar store and proceeded to show us her latest purchase. It was a lovely set of pink flannel pajamies with little monkeys dancing all over them; we made her put them back in the car.
HE Therese decided that she did not want to ride with us so she boiled into Lady Padraigin's car and they both burned out of the parking lot leaving us in their dust.

We arrived at Round Table, after making a few wrong turns, and met-up with Lord Phocas and Lady Ellen.
Since we were in an elementary school, all the chairs and tables in the classrooms were sized accordingly. After 15 minutes of sitting I was wiggling to get the blood flowing back into my lower extremities.
During the Chronicler's warranting class Lord Phocas presented his super organized filing system for the new signed release forms to our Kingdom Chronicler. He also had made a disk containing digital copies of all the forms we've gathered and a copy of the Trumpeter coded to the signed release forms.
Lord Phocas did such a good job on his presentation that he was asked to stand in front of the class and explain to the other chroniclers how he did it.

We came away from the Chroniclers Warranting class with a better understanding of the what Kingdom is expecting from each group, especially concerning the signed release forms.

Bordermarch was not held to the fire during the GOOFS meeting so we must be doing something right. Lady Padraigin was shaking a little bit, but I think that's normal.

We had papers that needed to be signed and people we needed to talk with at Round Table and we did it all without getting into trouble.

HE Therese decided to ride home with HE Elisabeth and I because Lady Padraigin would only take her as far as the Houston Bus Station.
HE Elisabeth wanted to eat at General Lee's Chinese Emporium on the way home, what a special treat that was!
When I shared with the two Ladies a story about Saint Crowbar HE Elisabeth accused me of some sort of plagiarism!
She claimed I had taken a story about a wild bear and the Pope and turned it inside out. I denied all of her accusations.

The hollowed-out country fried shrimp and the puffed rice I ate at General Lee's never quite filled me up. When we arrived home I threw some sammies together and began to reminisce about the wonderful time we had at Round Table. As I was reminiscing I suddenly stopped and took a bite of my Sammie.