[Bordermarch] Critical Situations and The Gate

Patricia Schmidt iris20 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 1 13:16:36 PDT 2011

Folks,

 I know that things are hard for many of us, but let us remember that when we go
to another group's event, we primarily go to enjoy their hospitality.  When our
own Barony puts on an event, it is truly our time to work, giving what ever time
we have, even if only an hour or two, to let others share our hopsitality!
Granted, it is only my opinion for what it is worth, but if we all pull together
and do this, no one who attends will ever know that we are short-handed.
Conversely, no one of us should commit to so many things at an event that it
suffers as a result.  I hope that makes sense.

The Baronial numbers are critical, my Friends.  Make no mistake about it.  If
price concerns you, just remember to do a wee bit of math.  Figure just how much
you spend if two of you go to a movie together on a Fri or Sat night, have some
noshies there and maybe a light dinner:  @ $10.50 per person for the show, $6-8
for soda and popcorn and & $8-10 for a light dinner, you have already spent
nearly $57 for that evening.  I realize that there are many ways to reduce that
cost, but as you can see, the overall cost of membership is just slightly less
that that for an entire year.  I know I've probably opened a real can of whup-
as- here, but remember, it is only my opinion.

As to the Gate needs, M Nerak & I have already put our names on the list. We are
willing to take additional shifts if necessary.  A couple of hours of each of
everyone's time is not so much to ask.  Who will be the next to sign-up and give
the Barony the helping hand that it deserves?

Just my two Shekel's worth
M. Jalali