[Bordermarch] Bordermarch (BAM) A&S Populace Vote Contest results

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 17:08:53 PST 2011

Greetings,
I would like to thank the 17 artisans who entered the contest at BAM on Saturday last.
A good variety of works from knives, to fiber arts, to leather to scribal - something for everyone to enjoy.
Many thanks to those of the Populace who were judges of this event, without your time and interest, we have no winners.

The scores were very tight, the last four within 1 point of each other:
* Honorable Mention:
-Isabel de Winterbourne - Loch Bais, Gleann Abhann
the blackwork pillow stuffed with scraps

-Delphina de Champeaux - Loch Soilleir, Ansteorra
the bobbin lace group works

* Runner-Up:
-Avelyn Blakenye - Seawinds, Ansteorra
the velvet pouch handwork.

* Winner with the high score:
- Caitriona inghean mhic Lochlainn - Seawinds, Ansteorra
the embossed brass lion in setting.

For the Childrens A&S Competition - alas, there were no entries.
I was seriously disappointed, as I had a fabulous prize basket filled with dozens of goodies.
To increase this category in future, I challenge those who host an A&S Competition in future to include a Children's category!
Even as we include our youth and children in the marshalling arts, we should as well include them in the static arts.

Vivat and Hazzah to all those who entered and to those who placed with high scores.
Cheers, Hillary Greenslade, OP
A&S Champion of Bordermarch