[Bordermarch] News

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Fri Oct 28 07:58:25 PDT 2011

The one half mile long, three inch diameter mooring rope that Lord Biau, Lord Zane and I hauled down to the castle ravine recently put a strain on my Achilles' tendon and it is now quite sore.

HE Elisabeth thinks it's sore because of the new set of gymnastic rings I purchased and have hanging in my shop. She thinks that while I was trying to perfect one of my legendary gymnastic routines, The Reverse Cowboy, my foot got tangled in one of the rings by mistake. I tried to tell her there was no way that could happen because I can just barely get my feet off the floor let alone high enough to get them tangled in a ring! HE Elisabeth says she will no longer enter my shop.

After much research and study about a cure for my ailment, I asked HE Elisabeth to stop by the store and get me one of those Jell-pad things to raise my heel when I walk; due to miscommunication she brought home some of those single pre-packaged strawberry Jell-O's instead, the kind you eat!

Since I had nothing to lose, I emptied the strawberry Jell-O into a Zip-Lock freezer Baggie and placed it in the heel of my boot. I am now walking around at work with this Jell-O in my boot and my heel feels somewhat better; and now I have a convenient mid-day snacky!

The stock of the ballista I constructed was almost finished when I noticed that it was crooked like a banana! I shall now start over and take care to not warp the wood.

We still have an even longer mooring rope to pull into the ravine, but we'll save that job for the next site wok day, which just happens to be on November 5th.

I was going to camp in a Vardo at BAM this year, but I just realized that I don't have one.