[Bordermarch] Scribal Guild Thanks

Lathrop, Dave David.Lathrop at valero.com
Mon Aug 13 08:31:19 PDT 2012

Greetings Bordermarch,

HE Elisabeth, myself, and all of Barony Bordermarch wish to thank Lord Lemoine de Gascony and his lovely Lady
for traveling the long journey from Barony Raven's Fort last Friday to enlighten us in the fine art of playing with dirt!

Actually, Lord Lemoine taught a wonderful class during our Scribal Guild meeting, the class was centered on making and using
period pigments. The Scribal community uses these pigments for illumination and calligraphy.

The class was very informative and hands-on. He also had some pigments he made from the dirt gathered in Raven's Fort.
The colors of the pigments were fascinating to behold, especially the blue stuff!

We did find out that Lord Lemoine really likes to play with dirt, and he will let nothing stop his forward momentum when he
has found a good dirt pile to explore!

Earlier in the day Lord Biau and Lord Lemoine spent some very high quality quite time together making glare and another
concoction from eggs; this egg stuff is also use by the Scribal community.

I did notice that Mistress Hillary simply loves grinding free-range chicken egg shells in a mortar and pestle; she said she likes the sound of the
egg shells getting smaller and smaller as she forces them into submission. It was actually kind of scary watching her so I moved away.