[Bordermarch] Just in case you missed populace

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 11:20:38 PST 2012

Bordermarch Populace Meeting
Jan 2012

Opened meeting at 7:15 pm  (22 present)
Welcome to 2012, passed out paper and pencils for door prize-Small vessel filled with infused olive oil(garlic, basil and red peppers)
Old News:
12th Night was a huge success thanks to Stephanie and Wolfstar

Beau will get on the scroll for Deborah of the Loche our outgoing equestrian champion who we apparently overlooked when we presented her with her original champion gifts. Our apologies Deborah and we will take care of this promptly.
New News:
Contacts are being made with St. Stephen's Episcopal Church to have fighter practice there on a routine bases. This will allow for additional A&S classes as well as indoor fighting when weather is bad.
Planning a NON Event practice/ camp out at the castle for February 24-26th. Camping will be paid directly to the land owner. Fighter practices will be conducted with marshals and waivers. Cooks guild will prepare something over an open pit and A&S will be working on an out door wood burning kiln for pottery. More to follow.
Membership is down considerably so we encourage everyone to please support the Barony and fill out either a new application or renew your membership.
GW sign up on line good through February 24th.
The Baroness will be working on memorial flags for those who have passed from our SCA family as well as completing the Wolfstar banner. Volunteers are always welcome please give me a call to set up a time.
February 11, 2012 at 11am in Orange, Texas at the Stark Museum there will be a lecture held on Medieval Manuscripts hosted by Lord Beau. The lecture will be approx 3 hours long and is free to the public. Contact L. Beau if you want to save a seat.

Officer Reports:
Seneschal -looking for a deputy                            Treasure-accounts and transactions good                    Hospitaler-looking for deputy
Night Marshal-no injuries                                       Rapier Marshal-no injuries                                                 Chronicler-Santiago warrant up, Pandora taking office, need articles for the trumpeter.
A&S-folks are busy (see trumpeter)                    Scribal Officer-Guild Fri 1/27 at 6:30ish                         Herald- nothing to report at this time

Who am I…..(monthly introduction of one of our populace)
    David Lathrop aka HE Santiago de Mond Verde
    Electrical designer, Baron of Bordermarch
    Persona is Spanish 1400
    Got involved in the SCA through a local forging group and met HE Ericus and Sir Simonn
    Loves all the friends that have become like family
Draw door prize: won by Darlene Fox aka Dona Leah
Closed meeting at 8:30 pm