[Bordermarch] Nov minutes of populace

David Lathrop dblathrop at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 08:05:15 PST 2012

Recap.....
We had a visitor last night...her name is HL Isabella Maria Della Rosa and is originally from the Barony of Bryn Gwyld. She is the protegee of HE Myfenwy Baroness of BG. She is a long standing SCA'er and full of knowledge and expertise. Thank you all for the warm welcome you helped us give her. Vivat!

Old news:
Demo in Lumberton went well however it was too long a demo and the sponsors expected us to be more theatrical then an spot light the educational aspect of what we do. If we do this again we will be clearer on our commitments and give them a better understanding of what we do as a group.

BAM's first war went very well. We did slightly better on the head count than last year and again learned many things to make it better. Kingdom was very pleased with the event as well as the added Kingdom Middle Eastern Dance Championship set up. Again we rocked it! Thanks to so many that helped.

New News:
12th Night is fast approaching. It will be held at St. Stephens social hall again this year. Jan 5th. L. Catalina will be stewarding this event and asking for volunteers as well. Watch the list or contact her for further information jaynalynn64 at yahoo.com

We have agreed to do a Coastal Baronials with Stargate, Loche, Ravensfort and ourselves being the four coastal barionies. There will be a coastal defender for Chiv, Rapier and Equestrian we know and then "Champions of the Heart" chosen individually by each barony to represent us individually. Those individuals will be chosen by the B&B based on the heart you display for the SCA, this game and our barony. This will be open to just about anyone but they will have to have the knowledge of Rapier, Chiv and Equestrian duties as they will help run the scenarios at BAM. More info as it becomes available.

We are looking for a co-autocrat to be the voice and coordinator for Bordermarch and work along side the head autocrat Her Grace Eppigartis and others pulling this off. The tentative date is May 4th 2013 at the castle site however the castle will not be used. List fields will be set up in the grassy area on top of the hill between the two bath houses. Send your letter of intent along with a copy of your blue card to baron at bordermarch.org please.

Kingdom A&S was awarded to us along with the Kingdom Bard competition called Eisteddfod. This will be Feb 9th at Lamar University and the Autocrate is L. Beau. More to come so please watch the list.

TRM and many of the entourage have accepted our offer to host them at our home here in Silsbee for this event. We may be counting on many of you to assist with food preparation or extra bedding if possible.

All officers reporting in as okay. Offices coming open and volunteers needed for these positions are:
Seneschal, A&S, Scibal and Herald.
If interested please send your letter of intent along with a copy of your SCA blue card and TX DL to baron at bordermarch.org and we will send it to the regional officer with our recommendations. Thanks go out to those who have held the position for the last 2 years, L Padraigin, L Atli, L Beau and L Jillian. You've all done an outstanding job and filled important positions. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Door prize was a small bottle for port wine gifted to us by the kingdom of Gleann Abhann. The winner was m'l Wolfvrin aka Virgil.

Thank you all for attending to our meeting and or reading our words. If you have any further questions or concerns please don't hesitate to call us,
Santiago 409-673-7277 & Elisabeth 409-673-0897