CR - Central Principality

Mike C. Baker kihe at rocketmail.com
Thu Jan 15 09:31:44 PST 1998

---nolen dale <fairborn at swbell.net> wrote:
> Is there enough time to have ameeting with hopefully a great deal
> of people( actually between 15-20). I know I would like to
> participate in the meeting and I will be teaching 2 classes.

Overachieving as usual, I see... <gryn>

> I could call the other seneschals tonight(if I don't see them at
> coronation) and start asking.

Maybe a more appropriate response / first step would be a meeting to
set up a meeting? I know, I know, redundancy piled upon
complication, but I doubt that there will be sufficient advance
publicity to pull this off on the needed scale by the time of Elfsea
College.

> > any suggestions on basic topic discussions
> I have a few!
> What activities can we plan to increase the populace of each group.

Fire-starter: Recruitment as part of every demo where appropriate!
(Not necessarily every school or youth group demo, but certainly at
every chance when in contact with college classes and adult
organizations.)

> Should we set aside a weekend twice a year for say aregional A$S
> competition (body of work and a collegium) and also at least twice a
> year have a regional muster and war practice.

Maybe, but who staffs? Who sponsors? How much *regional*
infrastructure is to be built and maintained to support same?
(And I for one would suggest that two regional A&S may be overkill
if added to the existing schedule as competitions -- now, Collegia
on the other manipulative appendage...)

> How can we make the job of an officer easier and more
> pleasurable for all (big topic, but essential)

Absolutely. Better / more structure regional support?

> Principality for the future(how far?) When we will know?

Get the region fully-functioning first, don't set a timeline but
consider a "progression-line", and we'll know when we know.

("Progression-line" example: majority of local officers trained,
with trained deputies lined up; regional officers likewise, and
trained in training of locals; x number of fully functioning
baronies, shires, other branches stable or expanding for y number of
years; some number of annual regional events stable, self-supporting
or nearly so; some number of fighters regularly competing for
regional warlord and local branch championship titles; etc, etc, etc)

> (when all the groups have a stable populace of no less
> than 25 members?)

Perhaps not all groups, but at least the major, long-term branches.
Adjust for lower-population and / or more rural areas, perhaps.
Don't insist on *paid* membership to find those participants.

> The central needs to start working together (I am not from
> steppes or Elfsea, but from the Central Region)

I am working up to that level, I suppose. Afraid my track history as
a reporting officer leaves something to be desired, but I've worked
in every office at some capacity at some time in my association with
the SCA (with the exception of Reeve/Treasurer). Not always
warranted as such, of course. I happen to now be residing in
territory technically a portion of Lindenwood, working currently as
part of Steppes and (particularly via this mail-list) Central
Region, and travelling throughout the Kingdom of Ansteorra (and
soon, hopefully, beyond).

I'm still at heart Moonschadeen, for all of that, and will be
forever. Likewise, always a part of Steppes. And both those mean I
am first and foremost an Ansteorran, and also an SCA member, and
generally controversial in most matters. Part of my several
heritages. Doesn't mean or even imply that I won't work as hard as I
am able to bring about new and greater things. Does mean I've got
some baggage that I remain ever aware of.

> just a few thoughts

And good ones they are, Richard.

Service also, Amra

===
Adieu -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /
Mike C. Baker: My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!
Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/8661
Alt. e-mail: KiheBard at aol.com, MikeCBaker at aol.com